• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Trying to decide...

What about for example the blue beauty ratsnake? Slender but reach a length of 7-8 feet. They are not as puppy dog tame as corns all the time but the one I had was quite friendly as long as you did not bother her for too long in her viv. Outside the viv she was calm as a corn and she was a great feeder :)

You can't go wrong with carpets. They make impressive display animals and you can really go all out making a big, beautiful arboreal set up for them that they will get lots of use out of. But they're also great pets. There will always be some aggressive snakes, but it's not hard to find a carpet with a wonderful temperament for handling.

I adore Womas, but I've never seen one that wasn't too expensive for my budget!

Coastal Carpets get fairly large. IJ's are supposedly a relatively small Carpet, but not quite as easy going as a Jungle Carpet. I would have to say that JCP's are overall a great choice. Although it's not on your list, I would strongly endorse them over the others. They are generally very easy going, not to big but definitely have the feel of a larger snake, and are, in my opinion, some of the absolute best looking snakes of all.

Also, Woma Pythons are also wonderful, and stay at a reasonable size. They aren't arboreal, but they're gorgeous as can be, generally easy going, and the care doesn't seem to be very difficult to keep up with.

I've heard it was the other way around, that the Jungle's tend to be wobbly.

IJ's are the smaller of the Carpets, but I know someone who has two older IJ's, 15yrs old & 16yrs old that are huge! I have a pic of me holding the "smaller" of the two somewhere.

Also, Mike mentioned Nick Mutton & Yasser... they both have very good reputations, & when I was talking to a friend about various Carpets, she said those are the two recommended Carpet breeders in the NW.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have decided on either and IJ or Jungle...whichever I get attached to the most :grin01:

And I've actually talked to Nick Mutton and a couple other breeders in the PNW and they are all going to be at the expo in Aug so I'm going to get me a new member of my family then :)

Thanks for all your help and I'm super excited! And don't worry, pics will be posted of my new baby.

Nick Mutton is a good guy... And he produces some stunning snakes.
I'm sure you are going to be very happy with what ever you decide to get...
And don't forget pics.
Here's two to whet your appetite..
A baby IJ from our pair, last year, at a month old.

babyirianjayas008.jpg

Same baby IJ, one year later..

keeperIJ005-1.jpg

Just goes to show how Carpets get better with age....

Last edited:
:eek: Gorgeous! I can't wait! And don't worry I'll do a progression thread for this baby too :)

I'm so excited....I may or may not have the date already marked on the calendar in permanent marker :grin01:

Thanks, I have decided on either and IJ or Jungle...whichever I get attached to the most :grin01:

And I've actually talked to Nick Mutton and a couple other breeders in the PNW and they are all going to be at the expo in Aug so I'm going to get me a new member of my family then :)

Thanks for all your help and I'm super excited! And don't worry, pics will be posted of my new baby.

I just picked up an IJ hatchling...(s)he hatched on my b-day, 3 weeks ago.
I know someone in the PNW that has a proven breeder pair (parents to this little one) that are available, as well as a juvenile pair. (The juviniles are gorgeous, & I told him if no one wants them, I might take them for him.)
If you're interested, PM me with your email, & I can send you pics, & get you in touch with him.
How can you resist this face? :)

Attachments

• 048b_.jpg
    048b_.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 065a_.jpg
    065a_.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 26
lol It's funny you posted those pics on here....I also joined the Morelia Forum and saw those on there....he/she is such a cutie!

I am actually going to Seattle this weekend to meet a lady I met on that forum and she is going to show me all her Morelia and her set ups and basically give me the lowdown on these guys.

I'm also planning on picking either an IJ or Jungle up at the expo in Portland in Aug. If I can't find one there I'll definitely let you know and get that persons name/contact info from you!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Nick Mutton is a good guy... And he produces some stunning snakes.
I'm sure you are going to be very happy with what ever you decide to get...
And don't forget pics.
Here's two to whet your appetite..
A baby IJ from our pair, last year, at a month old.

babyirianjayas008.jpg

Same baby IJ, one year later..

keeperIJ005-1.jpg

Just goes to show how Carpets get better with age....
STUNNING IJ!
:eek: Gorgeous! I can't wait! And don't worry I'll do a progression thread for this baby too :)

I'm so excited....I may or may not have the date already marked on the calendar in permanent marker :grin01:
LOL :)
I considered doing a progression thread on my baby IJ, but being a Corn thread, I wasn't sure if anyone would want to see it.

lol It's funny you posted those pics on here....I also joined the Morelia Forum and saw those on there....he/she is such a cutie!

I am actually going to Seattle this weekend to meet a lady I met on that forum and she is going to show me all her Morelia and her set ups and basically give me the lowdown on these guys.

I'm also planning on picking either an IJ or Jungle up at the expo in Portland in Aug. If I can't find one there I'll definitely let you know and get that persons name/contact info from you!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Are you going to Dave & Deb's? They are wonderful people & have great snakes! (Is there a possibility that you could head home with a Carpet Python??) ;)

Are you going to Dave & Deb's? They are wonderful people & have great snakes! (Is there a possibility that you could head home with a Carpet Python??) ;)

Yes I am! And no...not bringing home any babies this weekend :) I'm not ready and I don't think she has any available right now.

Yes I am! And no...not bringing home any babies this weekend :) I'm not ready and I don't think she has any available right now.

I have been to her house a couple times. I love Penny, her Bredl's Python, she's super sweet.
Wait til you see Wally & ?? I cannot remember the name of the female IJ that is huge. They are the ones that are 15 & 16yrs old, & are really big. They're super docile.

Of course, I went over there with no intentions to get into Carpets inytime soon, so I wasn't as tempted.
It wasn't until another friend of mine advertised the hatchling, that got me thinking seriously about it. Haha.

Back