• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

two males and one female

Like said above, the fact they lay together isnt that they like each other; snakes arnt dogs or humans. They are laying together because theyre both wanting to have the same spot, its compitition. If you do plan on keeping them together you absolutly need to have a seperate complete enclosure for each of themb (and no saying youll buy one if needed doesnt count). In order to house them together responsible it will actually be harder then housing them seperatly. There is absolutely no benifit to the animals by housing them together, and if you do it like a responsible caring keeper your not even saving room by housing them together with those extra enclosures taking up room. You came here asking for help and you got it, why would people here be so strongly against it if there wasnt a good reason.

bitsy said:
Thanks. As you can see from my avatar, I've been keeping Corns for 15 years, but many other people here are equally - and better - qualified to advise you. Some very experienced people have also answered your post here.

Yes, they will bite and they will also constrict. In youngsters, you may also get a misplaced feeding response and one snake will try to swallow the other. The one being swallowed will die from being constricted and the one doing the swallowing, is likely to die of a ruptured stomach. This is much less likely in adults, but is a risk with youngsters.

I have never kept two males together and so I cannot advise from personal experience. I would never risk doing this.

Even if they don't injure each other, the males may stress each other and the female, as others have said. There could be fighting for dominance that will lead to ongoing hostility. This can lead to ill health and sometimes refusal to feed that can result in Corns starving themselves to death.

I really do strongly advise you to keep the new male separately. I do keep pairs and trios of Corns together but with these basic restrictions:
1) Only one male per viv
2) Never a male and female under breeding age (3 years)
3) Never before at least 3 months of quarantine for the new snake, preferably 6 months.

There are other safety precautions, but those are the very minimum set of rules that you should be following when starting to keep Corns together.

I don't see that you have been given different answers. Nobody thinks that it is a good idea to keep the new male with your existing pair - please don't do it, for their sake and your own.

Ok I`m not putting them togehter..I´ve made that desition...
I agree that I haven´t been given a lot of different answers here, but I know a lot of snake owners outside this forum whom I was refering to, and they have given me a lot of different answers..thats why I asked the question in the first place...
My new male will be placed in a tank of his own and I´ll keep the other two together as long as the´re fine with it...
All my snakes are adults so they are not to young to breed..
Thanks for you´re advices....

susang said:
snake5007 is a person on this forum
Ditto with bitsy:
If you type co-habitation in search you will find all the things snakes can do to each. Also if they are two years old they could think about breeding and may be too small, as well as a little young.

A little kindness and understanding go a long way on this forum.
susan
A little missunderstanding..I´ve had the snakes together for two years..but I`ve had them for five years
The snakes I allready have together are both adults and so is the new male.
My female has allready layed eggs...but I´m fallowing the advices..I´m not going to put the new male together with my pair..

Back