• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

We found a Tiny Turtle

Chuk I am in NE central FL just outside Oviedo, so I would bet that you have that kind of turtle by you as well. We get a fair number of normal sized turtles here but I hadn't ever seen one so small before

Dinah, you can't put that turtle out side, he'll be seagull poop by morning. Besides, your girls love him.

We let it go a while ago. And of course it can go outside....it came from outside.

Besides we don't get many seagulls at my house mostly just wild turkeys.

OMG look at the blue eyes on that snake.. Beautiful.. Woah..

The snake is "in blue" because he/she is going to shed soon.

Looks like a Black rat or black racer that is in blue, I can't tell which one though because of the grass.

Looks like a great answer was given...Thank you IguanaGirl!

I did have a question, can you keep that kind of turtle from the wild in Florida? I know when we found a baby snapping turtle, that we would not suppose to even "possecc" the lil guy. We did enjoy watching him over night and them released him back at the pond where he was found.

Terrapin
http://www.baysoundings.com/sum03/terrapin.html
http://www.waltonoutdoors.com/searching-for-diamondback-terrapin-turtles-in-the-florida-panhandle/

A few good links on Terrapins for you.

Great thread and thanks again for sharing!

I bet Kathy Love, Nanci, or RobbieCornField would know for sure what kind of snake that lil one is.

PJ

I don't know know for sure what kind of turtle it is, although there have been some ideas posted on this thread. So I cannot say whether or not keeping it would be legal, but we did not keep it, we just brought it in long enough to snap those pics, then put it back where we found it, we only had it in our care for about 10 minutes.

Back