• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Went to Snakeguru's yesterday.

Nifty pics.:)

And, it would be really cool if somehow, I could find out just exactly what type of boa those are, tree or ground...because I'm not a boa connoisseur, and I'd like to tell my brother what I want for Christmas :D

Again, a snake for the more experienced due to the fact they may only be lizard eaters. I have a connection right now but would you be able to get lizards every month for a snake?

BTW I think the first candoia picture is paulsoni, not carinata.

They are definitely Carinata carinata....paulsoni are a LOT larger these guys are full grown at perhaps a 12" I've had them 3 years and they were imported as adults, they haven't grown much....carinata is a pretty highly variable ssp. as you can see just in the pics between the male and female (which you got right by the way Jim...LOL) The lizard thing can be avoided usually if you know the people you are getting them from, I knew the female was on them before I got her but I liked the color so got her anyway....still I don't regret it.

Glad you had fun Jim! Certainly was fun taking you through it all!

And I appreciate the compliments from everyone!

~B~

Oh I know how much these guys differ lol. I only suggested paulsoni as I have never seen carinata with the typical paulsoni zig zag pattern, but as you say they are sooooo highly variable. Best of luck with them for the future :)

Glad you had fun Jim! Certainly was fun taking you through it all!

And I appreciate the compliments from everyone!

~B~

B,
No thank you, it was a pleasure and I knew I was going to change my thought process on a few things after going to your place.
1. is the shelving units. If I do not do the 40 gallon breeder pull out shelves here at my place, i will do it when I move.

2. Again back to the 10 gallon units. I think I am going to do the same thing in my basement, it might be a fun summer project.

3. And finally Snake projects:
Candoia carinata carinata
Candoia carinata paulsoni, if I can find a pair with your help.. it might be interesting.
Xenopeltis unicolor, the sunbeam snake. I think this undertaking would be a great thing to do. I know with you, Nancy and Sonja, we could get a nice breeding population going up here. Its just gotta take dedication and alot of hard work.

The colors on that sunbeam are incredible!

I really like the idea of the pull out shelves....may have a project for the winter.

Thanks for sharing those pics!

3. And finally Snake projects:
Candoia carinata carinata
Candoia carinata paulsoni, if I can find a pair with your help.. it might be interesting.
Xenopeltis unicolor, the sunbeam snake. I think this undertaking would be a great thing to do. I know with you, Nancy and Sonja, we could get a nice breeding population going up here. Its just gotta take dedication and alot of hard work.

Yeah I've been looking at aquiring some more Candoia, some of the larger ssp. might have throw some Pausoni on the list, those and aspera....we'll see you just never know what the year holds..LOL

~B~

Back