• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What best to bred a butter to?

they should all be at lest 300g minimum to breed. Rule is 3feet, 3 years, 300g other wise you risk them dieing from becoming egg bound

The butter was bred while she was with her previous owner. Little mama is still growing though she is about 5 years old and 40in.

Ok something doesn't seem right with that she is 5 years and only 210, and 40 inchs. Does she have probelms with keeping her food down? Also what size food is she getting at 5 years she should be way bigger then that.

She gets adults sometimes a smaller jumbo but when i thought she was gravid i didn't want to stress her so i gave her a hopper. she keeps down her food she just doesn't get bigger the lst time she really grew fast was when she was little and it was because she laid slugs at a really early age. thats why we call her little mama.

If she is that small it is probably best not to breed her since she is almost 100g below the minimum and could be a high risk to her becoming bound

If at 5 years she is still that small there is a good chance she won't get much bigger. She may only ever be sutable for a pet snake. At least that is my opinion I would never use a snake that is too small for breeding just to much risk.

The last measurements were after the females ate and they are getting feed tonight but the butter is almost 250g, Rachael is 300g, and little mama is 210g.
The highly recommended numbers for breeding females are the 3,3's:
1. 3 years of age
2. 3 foot in length
3. 300 grams ( this is especially important for younger females)

These are guidelines to help insure that the female does not egg bind, recovers from laying, etc.. You might want to consider giving the smaller ones another year before attempting to breed again, IMHO...Kyle

Did not read the next page..before posting ooops

Thanks for the consern. I have worried slightly over it though we had a friend who had approximately 500 snakes and he said though she was small last time we spoke he said since she was 5 yrs and close to 4 ft that maybe she was just a petite snake though i am very catious and am trying to feed her up we have already thought of letting her just be a pet snake though i want to try one more time.

She gets adults sometimes a smaller jumbo but when i thought she was gravid i didn't want to stress her so i gave her a hopper. she keeps down her food she just doesn't get bigger the lst time she really grew fast was when she was little and it was because she laid slugs at a really early age. thats why we call her little mama.

Are you feeding her singleton mice at each feed or is she getting multiples? Is there any reason why you haven't graduated to weanling or extra small rats? I believe from a nutritional standpoint she'd be gaining better and benefiting more from eating rats rather than mice at her age.

Well right now she can only handle a adult mouse and we have jumbos when she gets big enough i have several on them right now. She only gets one but i try to feed every week if she has pooped. i just fed her and looks like she might be able to handle one of the smaller jumbos next time, or maybe two adults. we have never tried feeding our corns rats only our boas. The smallest rats we have are bigger than the jumbo mice.

Well right now she can only handle a adult mouse and we have jumbos when she gets big enough i have several on them right now. She only gets one but i try to feed every week if she has pooped. i just fed her and looks like she might be able to handle one of the smaller jumbos next time, or maybe two adults. we have never tried feeding our corns rats only our boas. The smallest rats we have are bigger than the jumbo mice.

Maybe it's just me, but I think one mouse per week isn't enough. Once mine were over two they started getting 2-3 mice each week and now they're on one small rat per week. I think if you increased the size or number of her feeders you'd see more growth from her.

Back