• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What happend with this amel?

fetange

This is my friends "amel" corn. The first picture is when she's a juvenile and the second one is now! She almost looks like a pink snow or something except for the red head. She's amel het. snow.
She is not in blue, she is freshly shed on the second picture. :sidestep:
Is she amel. or what happend with her? Her parents is a flourescent amel and a snow as I remember it.

Attachments

• filippa 2.jpg
    filippa 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 309
  • filippa 2 2.jpg
    filippa 2 2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 310
Sorry I really have no input here, I look forward to what others have to say, as I've never seen this before... My initial impression would have been "in shed" But then to see the head n that and here and there, there are bright flecks of what was once there...

:eek1: *odd* :shrugs:

Wow!!! How weird is that!? She is very unique and beautiful. You just never know how they're going to turn out. :cheers:

As you says, you never know how they're gonna turn out. My friend saved this little girl because of her bright colors, and then this happens? :shrugs:

Any one else that got any ideas?

something freaky going on there! i like it! i've never seen anything like it in corns,it sort of looks like a piebald royal python with a pattern in the white bits! :crazy02:

I thought I read somewhere about strawberry snows being bred in Europe. ANyone know about this and can she be related?

that is really cool. i know of a similiar case, sean bradely @ cornsnakemorphs.com has a snake he calls "appearing amel". reason for the name is when it was a hatchling it was snow colored and by the time it reached adult sized it looks just like an amel. he said the transition was gradual. its strange happenings like this that make this fun.

Yep, it's really strange!
This must be the opposite of what you described. A amel that's fading away and becomes a pink snow/strawberry. :grin01:

It's so strange that the head still is red and "normal amel looking". And some spots on her body is still red too!
But i don't think she's a strawberry snow though. The strawberry/pink snows that is bred here in Europe/Sweden comes out as regular (or a bit more pinkish) snows and gets more pinkish with age.

Here's a picture of the father (regular snow) and the mother (flourescent amel).

Attachments

• sture.jpg
    sture.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 288
  • filippa 1.jpg
    filippa 1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 287
Interesting effect...

If I were you, I would encourage your friend to do some test breedings to find out if the effect is a recessive gene or not. It's definitely something that doesn't normally happen with corns. I've heard of snow-> amel changes (moonglow, among other names), but not amel -> snow changes.

Recommended test breedings:
1. Amelsnow X Father
2. Amelsnow X amel followed by the following
a. F1 males back to Amelsnow
b. F1 siblings paired together
c. F1 females back to the father of the Amelsnow
d. F1 males back to the mother of the Amelsnow

How long did it take before your friend started seeing this snow effect show up on her? The fact that it didn't show up immediately makes it harder to identify and will pretty much necessitate holding back any amel offspring from the above pairings.

-Kat

Kinda cool. I have had the opposite happen before.. hatch out as snow to slowly gain the amel colors. My friend called them "sunrise".
:Mark

agreed, testing the trait out through breeding would be a great idea... as for the beauty of it, I suppose it all depends on who thinks so... I for one would be highly disappointed if my bright amel turned out like that as an adult. However on other morphs it could look quite interesting.

I've had a friend who in her family they'd be born with a lighter area on their light skin and as they got older that area got even more pale and larger... wonder if it could be a genetic defect? :shrugs:

The mother of the amelsnow is sold, but the father is still my friends. Perhaps she could breed the amelsnow back to her father... I will tell her that anyway. :)

I don't know when the amel became a "snow". I just asked her the same question. But I'll be back with more information! :flames:

hmmm.
Well being flurescent (sp?) is a form of amel and then the father being a snow she shood be amel het anery.
Taking a wild guess here but could it be something to do with a hidden gene in one of the parents, hypomelanism? that could of reacted with the amel and or snow.
Im picking at straws here as im kinda intrigued and very amazed at this one.
Serpwidgets is the one to wait for an answer from, morph knowledge beats pretty much anyone around.
thanks for sharing though, stunning and intriguing snake.

what if its a new amel... that is co-dominant with anery..... and does the amelsnow always look like that. it looks liek most of it is in shed except teh head and neck.

that chimera idea is a total possibility. it happens in people sometimes but is very rare. i wouldn't be surprised if it is a chimera.

Another thought is the whole calico/piebald disease/genetic whatever it is. No matter what you should do test breedings with it.

~Katie

Back