• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What happend with this amel?

since this snake does not exhibit large, white, patternless areas along with normal patterned, colored areas i would not call it a piebald.

To me it does neither look piebald, not calico or whatever you'd like to call it. To me, it looks more like an overall fading of the colors, except for a few areas. Do you have any pictures of the development?

I don't think that a chimera would undergo a drastic change like that... if it were an amel/snow chimera, some areas (which originated from the amel cell lines) would be amel, the others (which originated from the snow cell lines) would be snow. But in order for that change to happen, the actual cell lines would need to change as it grew, but that should mangle the pattern in the process, too.

It could be genetic, it could be a disease, or a lot of things. :shrugs:

It doesn't look like a piebald to me, pieds don't start out one color and turn into another. They start out with white patches that stay white and patterned patches that stay patterned.

Calico is such a wildcard of a name that it could mean anything you want it to mean. ;) The legendary calico in corns was always accompanied by the formation of blisters where the color disappeared, so I doubt this is that calico.

As always, there's only one way to find out if it's genetic. ;)

Back