• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Where I ordered my frozen fuzzies

Sabine66

Just wanted to share, where I ordered (first time) my frozen fuzzies. I had read, that some shipments were not in good 'shape'. Frost bites, missing part etc.
I ordered mine from www.bigcheeserodents.com and as somebody had written, they arrived in perfect condition!! They were so carefully wrapped etc., I was impressed.

I'll second that. I have ordered twice from Big Cheese also, and have been impressed both times.

Mice just arrived today

I just bought 25 fuzzies and 25 hoppers from www.Themousefactory.com I was very impressed, it only took 1 day. It is stationed in Texas, and they ship with dry ice, which is just like added fun, I have played with it for a few hours today and I have several burns to show for it hahaha but I mean I was very impressed with them, just though I would let you know about another mouse factory. :wavey:

I'll third that for BigCheese. When I ordered from them and they didn't package the mice as requested, they gave me the entire shipment of 50 adult mice for FREE. Excellent customer service right there.

I have ordered from Big Cheese and was very pleased with their service. I just got an order in from RodentPro today. It looks good, but I should have payed the extra and gotten vacuum sealed bags at BCRF. These rats will freezer burn before I can use them all.

I just put in a order for 100 fuzzies from Rodent Pro. I will get them in the middle of next week. I will let you all know all they look.

i ordered from rodent pro, i had 100 pinkies, they all were freezer burnt, and everyone had a missing leg ot tail and one had part of the head hanging off so i go to a pet store were i see them before i buy them, i havent tried any other place yet

howiet4702 said:
I just put in a order for 100 fuzzies from Rodent Pro. I will get them in the middle of next week. I will let you all know all they look.

Howie, I've been a RodenPro customer until this last shipment. I ordered 100 peach fuzzies and they came in a ziploc bag. Freezer burn is already setting in 2 weeks later. I've always been happy with their packaging and service, but I would think they would vacuum pack 100 mice in a couple different packages. I'm going to try the Big Cheese next order.

BCRF's the way to go. I get better prices from them, and I don't have to vacuum pack a six month supply myself. I like it when a good product saves me time and effort, too!

yea i think i might make an order to bcmf soon. i am now buing mice at a local store and they charge .89 for a fuzzy :sidestep: .i want to breed my own rats but my parens wont let me. they say it would be too gross :puke01:

Ordering online is definitely cheaper and it saves you all the time from going to the pet store. I estimated that a year's supply of mice (adults) from the petstore would be about $85 while my order from BCRF was $44 with shipping. :rolleyes: Big difference. Just another reason to avoid certain pet stores.

JTGoff69 said:
Howie, I've been a RodenPro customer until this last shipment. I ordered 100 peach fuzzies and they came in a ziploc bag. Freezer burn is already setting in 2 weeks later. I've always been happy with their packaging and service, but I would think they would vacuum pack 100 mice in a couple different packages. I'm going to try the Big Cheese next order.

This is the first time ordering from them so we will see what happens. I hear varying reports on the quality, but I will see when they get here next week. I couldn't beat the price though. 20.00 for 100 fuzzies and 21.06 to ship. About .41 per fuzzy.

However, with 4 snakes, they probably won't last as long as I would want them too. :)

I will say the quality of the mice is great. Just that vacuum packing 100 fuzzies into 2 50 packs would have made more sense and saved me money because I know they will be useless before I go through all of them. Only 3 of mine are eating the fuzzies, the jungle is ready for hoppers after her large fuzzies are gone. Let me know how they are when you get yours, I'm curious to see if yours are ziploc bagged as well.

Jen,

How big were there large fuzzies? I was going to order hoppers instead but they said that there is a big difference between the two.

How big and old is your jungle corn?

I wish I could tell you that Howie, I got the large fuzzies from FeedersPlus.com along with some peach fuzzies, and ended up having to throw the peach fuzzies away because the snakes refused to eat them. My jungle girl was purchased by SoPirate55 in early '04, so I'd say she is a late '03. She's 31" right now, and (sorry to use this for an example, but she just ate so I can't measure her) as big around as the big end of a Cadbury Creme Egg. LOL Leftover easter candy, great measuring guide eh? She scarfs up 2 fuzzies every week, and they make a lump, but not a big one. My '04s are eating RodenPro's peach fuzzies, and the oldest (the butter mot male, a June '04) will eat 2 and it leaves a pretty noticeable lump, but the amel (an August '04) will only eat one. They are as big around as a big Sharpie if that gives you an idea, and 26" & 24" long, respectively.

So Pirate55 said:
Peaches is a hog. She likes fingers too, or she used to. *wink wink*

She is most definitely a hog, and goes after those mice like she hasn't eaten in months! Likes fingers?? She hasn't sampled one yet thank goodness. :eek1:

The first time I ordered mice and rats wholesale was from Colorado Rocky Rodents. Top notch!! You do not get cheated on size of the rodents either!! All of the rodents were peak for their size categories. I recently switched though to a local breeder, because the shipping was killing me do to amount of rodents I need.

Hope this helps.
Drenton

Back when I first began keeping corns I heard lots of negative reviews of RodentPro. I tried Big Cheese Rodent Factory as the recommendation through a PM on this site. I've ordered from them 3 times and I'm very impressed so far. The animals comes vacuum sealed in bags (for smaller mice) or neatly arranged on styrofoam meat trays (for larger mice). The mice are all flash frozen, which is a freezing process that does not use water. This means that the mice don't stick together and they defrost very quickly. All of the mice are clean, whole mice that appear to have been humanely handled and sent straight my door wrapped in insulation with dry ice.

The shipping and packing are excellent and the quality of the mice are superior. Their prices are very competitive as well. I recommend BCRF to everyone that orders mice online.

I have heard that frozen pinkies aren't as good for the snakes as the live ones are. Is this true?

Back