• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Why wasn't I warned!!

Zannah

Why, oh why, don't cornsnakes come with a warning!

I've only had our snake for three weeks and I'm already planning on getting another one. I spend hours on this site reading up everything I can and end up going to bed late and then not being fit for work. And then in my spare time I am reading Bill and Kathy Love's books.

I used to have a life :laugh:

Zannah said:

I've only had our snake for three weeks and I'm already planning on getting another one. I spend hours on this site reading up everything I can and end up going to bed late and then not being fit for work. And then in my spare time I am reading Bill and Kathy Love's books.

You've got snakebite :laugh:

:laugh01: what you didn't see the little message by their vent "warning holding me could become habit forming" :laugh:

Oh- yes....I got a blizzard last year from South Mountain Reptiles, then another....then another.....my husband has now made the proclamation that I have officially been "cut off". NO MORE SNAKES!!

You know... we try to warn people, but it just never works - new owners think "I only want one, I will be strong, I am just getting one... and soon enough it's just one more... and one more.. till suddenly you look up and you have 50+ or more...

This is where you stand up, say your name, admit you have an addiction, and go buy the next snake... lol

Jenn

snakes deffinantly should come with a warning. I only started keeping snakes last year in june with one but now i'm up to 13 and will be up to 16 by Christmas(2 more this summer then a spider ball python for Christmas). But its a good thing so nothing really to complain about...

Beothon

LOL!! I was warned, and I didn't believe it. I got my first corn in August of last year. Got 2 more within 2 months. Now, I have 10. Then they got their own room, and now I have plans of more. :laugh:

Don't worry we have all been there - I feel like I'm on this site all the time! I was only going to get one - now I have two and I'm in the process of getting a couple more... I have most def. have snakebite!

I agree... I got a ribbon snake hatchling right after my best friend showed me her new corn snake hatchling. I was hooked. The ribbon and i have since parted ways but after that I got my first corn... and 3 months after that my second... and then my first ball python... and now i have 8 corn snake yearling to adults and 2 ball pythons... and a lot of hatchlings waiting to be taken to the KC expo.

I'm so pleased to know that I'm not on my own with this addiction - I've just got to convince my friends that I am not mad, I'm sure they think I'm losing it to be like this over a snake! The worst of it is that it's not even my snake, it belongs to my 14 year old son :bird: Can't wait to get my own :spinner: What's the odds on me being able to stop at two though?

Hi Snakewispera Snr, I'm a bit lower down than Wales and across the water - we're in the Channel Islands

I have kept corns over 11 years and still have my first.

Last night I was cleaning Horcrux's cage. He is my yearling classic het lav, hypo and diffused and ph amel, charcoal and anery.
I went to pick him up from the cage and he calmly and sweetly decided he wanted to be my bracelet for awhile. I melted. As I held him I fell in love all over again.

starsevol said:
I have kept corns over 11 years and still have my first.

Last night I was cleaning Horcrux's cage. He is my yearling classic het lav, hypo and diffused and ph amel, charcoal and anery.
I went to pick him up from the cage and he calmly and sweetly decided he wanted to be my bracelet for awhile. I melted. As I held him I fell in love all over again.

That is so sweet!

Zannah said:
I'm so pleased to know that I'm not on my own with this addiction - I've just got to convince my friends that I am not mad, I'm sure they think I'm losing it to be like this over a snake! The worst of it is that it's not even my snake, it belongs to my 14 year old son :bird: Can't wait to get my own :spinner: What's the odds on me being able to stop at two though?
Oh, you have it really bad if the addiction has been ignited by a snake that isn't yours. I'm afraid that stopping at two might be considerably more difficult when you take that into consideration. In two month's you're going to be:
:bounce: 'Gotta Catch 'em All!'

Jenn

Mrs InsaneOne said:
Oh, you have it really bad if the addiction has been ignited by a snake that isn't yours. I'm afraid that stopping at two might be considerably more difficult when you take that into consideration. In two month's you're going to be:

Jenn
Thats right, and now you started looking at snakes in a different light you'll notice how cool and totally different other types are.
then the quest begins. only so much space so many I want.....Time to start a list .. No 1......LOL

Mrs InsaneOne said:

Jenn

I have a feeling you could be right! I've been trying to avoid the breeding section on here, cuase I know I'll be sorely tempted to try that in the future (when I know a lot more about what I am doing of course). If only there was a way of locking it so I couldn't enter :laugh:

To be honest, I think what helps is the great support group you've got here. I wouldn't have a chance of being a good owner if it wasn't for this site and the friendly people on it. Cheers everyone

Zannah said:

Oh just read my signature, that should have been warning enough.

Zannah said:

Well, I went five years after getting my first one, if you don't include my daughter's. I was very happy with just one until I found this site and then added two more to my single. I'd like to get a couple of more, but I'm very particular about what I want, so it may be a few years before I add more :)

Back