• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

will he ever come out?

pcircle85

Corn noob...
He's been buried in the bedding for five days now, will he ever be comfortable enough to come out?

How long have you had the snake? Also what are the temps ontop of the bedding and below where he seems to be sleeping? There can be multiple reasons why your snake doesnt want to come out. Though I can say from expierence the first week and a half I had Alex home she didnt come out much to explore. Now every night she wants out so she can run around my desk and get into things like a little toddler.

Well I haven't had him for a week yet...so I'm assuming he's just hiding due to being scared of the new environment. I just took him out and he gobbled down a pinky, now he's back down below.

Temp on the glass is ~86 and on top the bedding it's ~78

We've had our lil guy for almost 2 weeks now and I've only seen him out-and-about once. Otherwise he spends all his time in his hide on the warm side, laying on top of the substrate. Your lil guy must want to be warm too!

Could be that he is down on the glass because 86 is the right temp for them. Also it could be because of the new enviroment. Do you have hides for it?

Yep, hides on both sides and a big fake vine all around the edges.

Should I make it warmer at the glass so it's warmer above the substrate?

I wouldnt because then your snake could burrow down to the glass and burn itself. How thick is the layer of substrate? Maybe post a pic of its viv?

picture.php

Wow, lots of places for it to hide hehe. Could just be the new environment. And you might just have a shy snake.

If your snake is a hatchling, it would probably prefer smaller hides. They like to squeeze into tight spaces where they can feel secure. Try the cardboard center of a TP roll. That will at least get him on top of the bedding, where you can see him regularly.

Okay! I'll try that. (And the light in the picture is just for display purposes, it is not part of the set up)

Corns tend to be more active at night. Several of my corns I never see moving around unless I surprise them at 3 am or something.

wow after reading this my snake must have a crazy personality, he is always out and about he hides some times but for the most part he is always running around exploring and playing peekaboo and what not lol then the day before he gets fed he hunts

I think that a lot of hatchlings just tend to be shy. Corn snakes are also nocturnal. My snake is 9 months and spends most of her time in hiding. As snakes grow, I think they chill out quite a bit.

Back