• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

will he ever come out?

I leave about an inch to inch and a half of substrate for the little ones. My bigger snakes get about two inches because they tunnel like crazy. It's just looking for the most comfortable spot he feels is available. And the TP rolls are a great and inexpensive hide. I haven't thrown one out in a month so I can replace the ones that get pooped on. Ironic.

We've had our corn since Nov. He is always in his hides. A hidden snake is a safe snake, especially young snakes. I don't think its a bad thing that he is in hiding...simply smart enough to know that not being out in the open means not being eaten. I bet he comes out at night when you are sleeping. Don't forget corns are nocturnal and are the most active in the late evening. I have only caught our corn out very late at night and very close to feeding day.

When I want to hold him...I just remove his hide and scoop him up. He deals with it.

Since your corn hasnt come out in a while, at least when you have seen. Have you tried feeding it at all? And if so how often?

Could he be in constant hiding due to it being so cold above the substrate? I just installed a thermostat today and it's doing a great job of keeping the temp around 86 degrees. But using my temp gun around the tank, along the top of the aspen, etc...it's like 66-68. That's normal room temperature for my house...should I add something above to bring it up to at least an ambient 75? Ceramic heat emitter? Infrared?

I just got my snake a couple days ago and he's been all over the place... exploring every inch of its new home.
I have quite a bit for it to do though. 2 hides, a few fake plants and vines, and some driftwood for him to climb all over and hide in.

I would have to agree that they definatly like to be in small tight spots where they can hide. maybe try to clump up that vine type thing and stick it in a corner (like a bush kinda) so that maybe your snake will come up and hide in that.

mine seems to like curling up in fake plants. almost looks like he trys to burrow sometimes, but then either can't or decides not to :p

Back