• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yet another dumb PETA thing

Yeah, I'm not a fan of PETA

...but I'd love me one of those evil ronald mcdonald slasher cardboard cutouts :laugh:

Good lord. If anyone even attempted to hand my child one of those, I would break their jaw. That is just unacceptable.

Furthermore, I doubt anyone in PETA has ever owned a chicken. If they had, there is no way they could ever call them "gentle" animals. Those birds are downright evil!

Great graphics for a kids hand-out, that's rude.
It looks like a MAD Magazine parody, or a cartoon from one of Larry Flynt's magazines(I've, uh, heard about them from others?).

I'd love to see chickens kept in better conditions. But I almost hesitate to say it ever for fear of sounding like a PETA nutter. Mission accomplished PETA?

I'd love to see chickens kept in better conditions. But I almost hesitate to say it ever for fear of sounding like a PETA nutter. Mission accomplished PETA?

The average cost of free-range eggs is about two to three times that of factory raised. I buy free range when I can, but I currently can't afford it and there are no local farmers.

However, in many areas, local small time farmers are more than happy to sell to folks. Do a google search for your area.

I have NOTHING good to say about PETA. They are extremists who give true animal lovers and conservationists a VERY bad name.
I wish they would just fall off the face of the earth. If they had it their way we wouldn't know any pets at all. They disgust me!

As far as I can tell from my reading about PETA...

their intentions concern mainly gaining as much power and control as possible, through getting a lot of donations by spewing emotional propaganda to susceptible animal lovers. Many of their MEMBERS probably have good intentions, but probably have no idea of what their money is being spent on by the "top dogs" of the organization.

They have good intentions... but go about everything in the stupidest way possible. Bleh.

Well, they try to get animals treated better. And sometimes, they succeed.

With all due respect I'm going to counteract with "You don't know much about peta do you?"

http://www.animalscam.com/peta_7things.cfm

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/3856

Saying peta has good intentions is like saying osama bin laden has good intentions. And so there's no confusion, YES I am comparing peta directly with terrorists because they are a terrorist organization. I wouldn't give them a nano-inch when discussing them, their tactics, or their supposed goals.

D80

You beat me to it!

Here's another one:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/23/EDG11DC9BK1.DTL

Or you can just chose whatever author you like here (including Snopes):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...es&cts=1249770030243&aq=2p&oq=peta&aqi=g-p3g7

They depend on people who see their multi million dollar ad campaigns, and believe they are some sort of altruistic angels for animals. If they can get you to believe it, maybe you will send some of your hard earned money so they can become more powerful and rich, and further their political agenda even more.

Wow, you're absolutely right, Drizzt80. I had no idea. D:

Well, I knew they killed animals but I figured those where human euthanasias. Geese... I don't think I'm tolerant of peta anymore. D:

Wow, you're absolutely right, Drizzt80. I had no idea. D:

Well, I knew they killed animals but I figured those where human euthanasias. Geese... I don't think I'm tolerant of peta anymore. D:

Agreed! I was about to say something about D's comparison to terror- thought that went a little far, but after reading those quotes I have to say if not Bin Laden you can at least compare them to a radical cleric who preaches violence.. It's really not that far off. Unbelievable. Actually I don't know why I'm so surprised..

This is making children the pawn of corporate scandal on both ends, and has no relevance to educating children of the importance of treating animals the right way. I agree that Mc'Donalds packaging is geared towards children, which really isn't right considering the health problems unhealthy diets can cause. So I'll blame Mc'Donalds and Peta for unfairly and unethically involving children into a tug of war for corporate greed. But the parents are really to be responsible for providing healthy choices, and teaching children the importance of treating animals properly, not Peta.
It's all consumerism, Mc'Donalds is a fast food restaurant, that's all. If they brightly disguise their packaging it shouldn't be seen as some evil empire like Peta would suggest. It's all about fast food for fast money, and Peta will have to attack the consumer to make any difference in sales.

Have any of you read "The Road to Damascus" by John Ringo & Linda Evens? The plot line seemed very illogical to me when I read it, but it really seems like PETA is trying to get power in the same way as the bad guys in that book. The scary thing is that it did work in the book & I can somewhat see something similar happening in this country.

The difference between McD and PETA is that parents are SUPPOSED to be responsible to choose what their kids are exposed to in the world, and they can avoid fast food restaurants if they want to. But when the schools circumvent that control by allowing brainwashing in school, that is not ethical, in my opinion.

I have also read about a national news channel that is broadcast in schools, paid for by corporations, and sprinkled with the brainwashing ads. I don't think it is right to expose kids to these tactics in school, whether it is humaniac groups or McDonald's. BUT - outside of school, it is the parents' responsibility to decide which is correct. I only wish all parents realized this (or cared enough) to take that responsibility REALLY seriously.

Tom,

Did you notice in some of the financial sections of that site (right up your alley, lol!) the groups that are financed by PETA? They give money to arsonist groups classified as terror groups by the FBI. I didn't look at what was financed by HSUS, but I bet some financial investigation will show MOST of these groups have more ties to terrorist groups (arsonists, such as Animal Liberation Front, etc) than the public believes.

Back