• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Different format for posting?

Jay@PJCReptiles

"Quality Before Quantity"
Hi Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone else noticed that the format for posting on here especially with pictures has changed. Please tell me it's not just me. And, if it is tell me how I get it back to the old way of posting. I don't think I like just a link being posted instead of the picture itself when uploading pictures directly from your PC. Maybe it is just me that this is happening to and it is this way because Rich is out to get me...lol... :sidestep:
Jay :cool:

I think Rich contracted with his usual Web Monkey (screen name "logician") to make the changes.

I'm not sure, but it could be that the server space for photos was heading to a limit, or something was creating a bottleneck, or :confused:

regards,
jazz

I noticed that, too. I hope it doesn't stay like that. I'm curious- is it direct-linked pics, or ones that are hosted, like Photobucket, too? Let's try a little experiment!

Olivia003cr800.jpg

NAnci

I also noticed that when your private message storage is 90% or greater, you get a notification in your "Welcome, subscriber" box in the right of the navigation bar.

regards,
jazz

I noticed that too. Presumably it's a newer version of the software (wasn't Rich talking about that before?) to add the notification to the top right. I imagine the pictures are linked rather than displayed to converve bandwidth - it'll not save any server space having them linked rather than displayed automatically, but it'll certainly save a lot of bandwidth.

Pictures displayed inline like that are sucking your own host's bandwidth, not Rich's, so I doubt that's an issue to him :)

Rich indicated recently that he would be updating vBulletin soon. Apparently it is beginning today. I personally am assuming that the kinks (like images being displayed) will be worked out as everything gets updated and changed over. For example, the chat link (right now) is not in the top navigation bar, but he already shared that he'd be putting in a new chat program after the update. :shrugs:

D80

PS. Editing is also occuring 'inline' right now and I also noted a black line separating the personal information in the left margin from the post . . .looks much cleaner in my opinion. :)

PS. Editing is also occuring 'inline' right now and I also noted a black line separating the personal information in the left margin from the post . . .looks much cleaner in my opinion. :)

Ooh, I do like that. A small touch on the overall scale of things, but I hope it stays :)

Not too bothered about pictures appearing inline or not when attached .. they're still viewable, but it means on repeat viewings of a thread you're not waiting for them to download each time, when you're really looking for the replies to the thread rather than the initial images...

Not sure if anyone else uses it, but in private messaging I liked it when it asked if you wanted a "read receipt" of the message you are sending. I noticed on my last PM it didn't do that. Checking into it, I noticed there was a check box at the bottom of the PM screen that you can check to indicate you want that . . . anyone know (can find out) if you're able to default that box as checked?

D80

Last night I tried to log in and it said it was updating for about 2 hours.. So I'm sure you guys are right about the new version..
Did you notice the multiple quote box as well? Pretty cool. I'm gonna test it out..

Wow and I thought I was goin crazy, changing smilies, I tried twice to reply to a pm and don't know if went through or not. UGH, don't much like the line either.

Hi Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone else noticed that the format for posting on here especially with pictures has changed. Please tell me it's not just me. And, if it is tell me how I get it back to the old way of posting. I don't think I like just a link being posted instead of the picture itself when uploading pictures directly from your PC. Maybe it is just me that this is happening to and it is this way because Rich is out to get me...lol... :sidestep:
Jay :cool:

Strange- I clicked the +" button for multiple quotes on lots of you guys in this thread, and PJCReptiles highlighted red when I clicked it and then showed up quoted here when I hit post reply. But none of the others did. Maybe I just don't know how to use it?

I thought multiple posts was for multiple sections of the same big post by the same user...

You know the little icon that shows there are attachments? Now there is also a little trashcan icon to denote deleted posts. Why would anyone care?

Nanci

I thought multiple posts was for multiple sections of the same big post by the same user...

You know the little icon that shows there are attachments? Now there is also a little trashcan icon to denote deleted posts. Why would anyone care?

Nanci

Oh I see..

Is this feature just for contributing members because when I click multiple quotes nothing happens? Oh and odnt see a trash can. susang

LOL. Nope, I don't see.. I just tried again and it shows as one big quote and I dont' know how to change it.
I think it's for highlighting red everybodies quotes you want to quote, and then clicking reply, and they will all show up quoted. Only thing is like you said they all have to have said alot, as it won't let me highlight anyone who's written a small bit.. I'm gonna go try it in the rodentpro thread, we've been typing up a storm there, lol...

Hmm.. didn't work there either.. Strange- or it just doesn't work like I think it does..
Susang, try clicking that button on PJCReptiles' posting, at the beginning of the thread. That's the only one that would highlight red (and show a - sign instead of a plus and then appear when I clicked reply) for me for some reason... I assumed it was just a large enough quote but now I'm not sure why...

Back