• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Different format for posting?

I don't know how to work it...But I discovered that you know when you send a second message too fast, and it makes you wait 180 seconds before you can post again- now every time you retry, it has counted down to the time remaining.

Nanci

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

Why am I so resistant to change??:shrugs:

NAnci

Im the same Nanci, I too am somewhat resistant to change. For example the old chatroom worked perfectly on my system. I had never been kicked out due to the server.

I don't like the trash can icon either, why do we need to know that a post was deleted? That would annoy me, I would want to know what the deleted post said LOL

Im not even bothering to open up linked pictures at the moment. Sorry folks, but thats just too much effort for my liking LOL

You got jipped, Jay. Actually, I had to really look to find one. There's a sticky that has one.

Testing an image again- one from my pc.

Attachments

• Jake May 2007 012cr800.jpg
    Jake May 2007 012cr800.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 11
The thumbnails are better than just the links, but I'm still not sure I will be clicking on them and bringing them up very often. I know I'm lazy in that respect, but a lot of the time I'm skimming the forums when I have a spare 5 minutes here and there. I guess it has to do with saving server space, or something? :shrugs:

I think it's always been indicated when a post is deleted? It says something like "This post has been deleted by - " If memory serves... :confused:

Maybe I never noticed the trashcans before...

I can't believe Rich has to worry about server space. Didn't he just upgrade a few months ago? Rich strikes me as the kind of person to not skimp and cut corners- he's makes sure things are done right. We're probably worrying for nothing.

Nanci

Oooh, I do like the thumbnailed pictures. Looks like I'm in the minority though!

What a *&*((&^%$ I just posted pics of new crestie and it's thumbnails. What is this, is it going to be like this from now on????

What a *&*((&^%$ I just posted pics of new crestie and it's thumbnails. What is this, is it going to be like this from now on????
Patience... patience. It looks like the forum updates were only initiated late last night or early this morning. I'm sure there are bugs to be worked out. I don't know if the thumbnails will be a permanent feature, but I doubt it. I'm hoping that things will be back to normal very soon. I'm sure they will be. :)

Whoa guys! My programmer notified me that the upgrade was done early Thursday morning, and this is the first chance I have had to check in here.

Obviously some things were chosen as defaults which are not of my choosing. Thumbnails and links for attached images is one of them. I prefer having the images displayed inline with the text, and that is the way it will be here just as soon as I can find the time to go through all the options and look them over. Also, I bought a new license for the updated chat system like the first one installed here, but that has not been linked into this message board software quite yet.

There are also some new functions that are just as new to me as they are to you.

I will do a quick scan through the admin options and do what I can, but I'm going to be tied up the next couple of days, so please bear with me..... This system NEEDED to be upgraded for a long time in order for me to apply some new bells and whistles here. So, hang tight, please....

Thanks.....

There's a lot of new features on the newest version of vB that I think you could implement to help keep things cleaned up (I just installed vB & am working on customizing it for a client). One of the top things I'd like to see here is restricting inline image size so it stops people from posting obnoxiously large photos. :)

I think it's always been indicated when a post is deleted? It says something like "This post has been deleted by - " If memory serves... :confused:
That is correct, but then on many deleted threads, I would go back to it and make that part invisible with a wave of my magic mod wand. The owners of the personal forums had that power as well. However, now I have to put up with seeing that deleted thread notice in my personal forum and all the deleted spam threads everywhere else. Hopefully that is one of the things Rich will be able to return to us once he looks over all the options.

Chat is back, and we're actually back in the "old" Fauna chat. If this will be temporary or permanent, only Rich knows for now.

I get it now- you meant, when you're reading the actual thread, in the thread deleted posts were indicated. Yesterday, it was indicating that the thread contained deleted posts at the thread title, like in the whole list of threads, there would be a trashcan by a thread that had deleted posts.

You know what I think would be the coolest thing- a shout box or chat box. We have an active enough site for that to work really well.

Nanci

Back