• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New member and baby corn snake! (Pic heavy)

If I am ever turned into a snake I totally want you to design my viv! That looks gorgeous.

Haha thank you! I've always enjoyed setting up vivs so I wouldn't mind!! I think I'm pretty much finished with my corns setup for now. Eventually I'd like to change things around and make it look a little bit more like a forest.

It is amazing! You did a great job. I LOVE finding cool rocks for my vivs. We had our front yard designed in a desert theme with a rock river, so there are thousands of different color river rocks to choose from. I just go shopping in my front yard!

A razor blade, rubbing alcohol and Goo Gone should take care of it, you may have to let it soak in for a bit, but that should help.

I was just looking at the thermostats, and the one recommended on the last page is about $30, OR you can buy a 2-pack for $120. Oh man, I am going to have to think on that one, what a spectacular bargain THAT is! :shrugs:

It is amazing! You did a great job. I LOVE finding cool rocks for my vivs. We had our front yard designed in a desert theme with a rock river, so there are thousands of different color river rocks to choose from. I just go shopping in my front yard!

A razor blade, rubbing alcohol and Goo Gone should take care of it, you may have to let it soak in for a bit, but that should help.

Nice!! When I got home I was doing the same thing and I lifted up one rock and a huge centipede was under it. Idk why but centipedes have always creeped me out so I jumped and dropped the rock and a neighbor happened to be walking by... They were probably just like what is this dude doing!? Lol

I'll defiantly try that!

And if I fed my snake on Friday would it be alright to hold it for a little bit tonight? With past snakes I usually waited 48hrs but since it's a baby I don't want to mess up it's digestion process. On Saturday it spent the whole day on the warm side. Yesterday it was hissing on the cold but came out at night. This morning it was on the cold again. And now it's chilling on a fake plant on the cold side.

I think it will be fine if you hold him now. If he's already pooped or if you see a bulge right before his vent, he's digested and should be fine to hold.

I think it will be fine if you hold him now. If he's already pooped or if you see a bulge right before his vent, he's digested and should be fine to hold.

I haven't been able to find any poop and he's kind of curled up so it's hard to see if there's a bulge before the vent. I might wait a few more hours and see if it's moved so I can get a better look.

I'm sure by now he's done digesting. You can even pick him up to check his vent.

I couldn't find any bulge so I went ahead and held him for about 10 mins! This was my first real time handling it and he was really busy going from hand to hand! Made it difficult to snap some photos but I got a few good ones in :)

upeqy3uh.jpg

e8yveret.jpg

What a pretty little guy! Most baby corns really like to stay on the move, but you can use your hands like a treadmill to keep them from leaving.

What a pretty little guy! Most baby corns really like to stay on the move, but you can use your hands like a treadmill to keep them from leaving.

Thank you! I noticed if I didn't put my other hand out he'd kinda just sit there and be like "come on dude" haha.

Quick question.. After I put him back in the viv he went straight for a hide. Is that normal behavior?

If I am ever turned into a snake I totally want you to design my viv! That looks gorgeous.
Right? I'm thinking there's an opportunity to be had here designing vivs. Maybe two options, one with just plans and a material list for the DIY consumer, another with a full kit containing everything needed for the setup, plans, and step-by-step setup instructions for those who just want to be able to sit down and put it all together right away.

There might be a market for this. :)
I was just looking at the thermostats, and the one recommended on the last page is about $30, OR you can buy a 2-pack for $120. Oh man, I am going to have to think on that one, what a spectacular bargain THAT is! :shrugs:
LOL...you saw that too? I shrugged it off and figured either I was missing some key info (maybe it's not 2 units, but 2 cases? Or something crazy like that) or someone has been holding onto old Hydrofarm-labeled units and is banking on nostalgia justifying the cost. Shrug.

Nice!! When I got home I was doing the same thing and I lifted up one rock and a huge centipede was under it. Idk why but centipedes have always creeped me out so I jumped and dropped the rock and a neighbor happened to be walking by... They were probably just like what is this dude doing!? Lol

Ok, that is REALLY funny. LOL. But to be fair, I hate millipedes (I call them "feetipedes" because they just have too many damn feet!!) because of the way they crunch if you step on one. It seriously sends a shiver through my spine, both ways, and totally creeps me out to think about it.

Quick question.. After I put him back in the viv he went straight for a hide. Is that normal behavior?

Totally normal. :)
Do snakes react to outside weather? I'm really hoping for a thunderstorm. I've been enjoying all this rain we've been getting!
Not that I've noticed. Thunder and lightning, power outages, and the loud booming sound of transformers blowing up don't bother my girl. She's very, very calm, though, so that could just be my luck in getting an unshakable corn. My advice would be to keep an eye on yours during a storm and do what you can to minimize any stress he may feel.

What is not to be creeped out by a long, crunchy thing with thousands of little legs all moving at the same time? I'm with you, ISH!

And if I fed my snake on Friday would it be alright to hold it for a little bit tonight? With past snakes I usually waited 48hrs but since it's a baby I don't want to mess up it's digestion process. On Saturday it spent the whole day on the warm side. Yesterday it was hissing on the cold but came out at night. This morning it was on the cold again. And now it's chilling on a fake plant on the cold side.

Absolutely you can hold it BUT be prepared with papertowels because that is the EXACT moment he will decide to relieve himself. On you. On a shirt you really, really like. Or on your favorite bedsheets like mine did. (Mine didn't do it on YOUR favorite bedsheets, MY did it on MY favorite bedsheets.) They have impeccable timing. And I don't want you to think I am creepy and put my snakes in your bedding. I am not THAT girl. Usually. :puke02:

Thanks for all the information everyone!! You guys have been very helpful and I appreciate it so much!

I just had another successful feed with my little and got some pics!
june9u6u.jpg

Awww cute!!! Seeing little ones feed never gets old - you have one pretty snake!!

Thank you! I haven't had the chance to see a juvie or adult eat so I can't wait till he grows up. But then I'll probably be saying I miss watching him as a baby lol

It's one of those grass is always greener things. I love baby snakes, but it's so nice to hold a calm adult.

It's one of those grass is always greener things. I love baby snakes, but it's so nice to hold a calm adult.

You know, when I went to Christen's house a few weeks ago it was my FIRST time holding a day old beebee! Man, they ARE cute, but you are right about adults! Scarlett was a year old when I got her from Damon, so I never had the experience of the delicate little missile!

I am excited to get my new ones this year, they will all be the youngest I have ever taken on.

Back