• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

safe sealents

cobstein

i am currently building a wood structure for my corns
climb.jpg

i was wondering if this was safe to use for it

spray.jpg

Yup, it will be fine. Just make sure it has time to fully dry out. When I had wood vivs, I sealed them with the same stuff (though from a can, not spray) and let them dry for a week or so IIRC.

Never had any problems.

Ditto, once dried and cured, there's nothing residual that would be toxic.
Quite a structure you've got there!
I would note however, that if you've used hot-glue on the joints, the varnish won't fully adhere to that, and will likely flake off at some point. Epoxy is paintable if that's what you've used.

Not in my experience. Hot glue is the same composition throughout, and there's no skin, so to speak, to sand off. On the good side, the hot glue joint won't harm your snake.

Looks nice - your snake will enjoy it!

Definitely make sure you get a good seal and to make sure you sand it down between coats. With those dowels like they are up top, you're going to want a super slick surface that you can just wipe down if poop/urates get on it. If its not sanded smooth and is rough, it'll be a lot harder to clean.

Another alternative you could try in the future is to make a "jungle gym" out of PVC pipes, then you wouldn't have to worry about sealing.

What size dowels did you use for this? Did you ever end up trying this with PVC pipe? I am looking to possibly make this and I am just curious.

Back