• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Cleo at 15 months, 175 grams.

LpOUGssl.jpg

tqXy3xfl.jpg

tFYMbhSl.jpg

04GapEXl.jpg

jCoPGaMl.jpg

87Xb7aul.jpg

FzNaA64l.jpg

TyZZ0TSl.jpg

Cleo goes back to the vet

Here's a couple of pictures of Cleo's vet visit. The X-rays didn't show anything. I got to hear her heart which was so cool.

All we are doing for now is watching and waiting to see if anything changes. At least a lot of things have been ruled out.

The vet was finally able to get pics of the mystery bumps which only appear when her body/tail is hanging down, but I don't have those. It's a two person job and when I have some pics of the bumps I'll post them.

YAElDZnl.jpg

JwjYSj8l.jpg

ZWrLlBYl.jpg

eMX3xRpl.jpg

Our vet is Dr. Tony Colbert at Ness Exotic Wellness. I have his permission to post his picture. I really enjoy working with him. He's very good with Cleo and very informative to me.

She was so good with the doc, but I could tell that I was her security. There is no doubt that she knows her person.

Here is a picture of my sweet girl sleeping in her log. She's so cute. She's the same sweet girl she's always been in spite of the mystery bumps.

yz9wapJl.jpg

I finally got a picture of the mystery bumps with the help of my son. You can see the details about the tests and what they are and are not in the previous posts here. Still no diagnosis. Her tail has to be hanging down to really see them in all their glory. When her tail is not hanging down they disappear. She has one on her right side. This is her left side. None of them are on her tail proper.

W5vnNz9l.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a strange thing for sure. Maybe it's just her. Maybe they're just bumps. Might be nothing. But it's good you have someone to check into it. She doesn't appear to be in any stress though!

Hi Ken! Thanks. Yeah, she seems fine and I'm grateful for that. While I worry about this a bit, the overarching feeling in my relationship with her is one of joy.

The vet is taking this seriously. I know he was happy to get his own pic of the mystery bumps. I know he's asking colleagues if they have ever seen anything like this. I know this is a first for him. Thankfully, he's really good with her. I trust her with him.

I'm glad I was finally able to post a pic so everyone can see what I'm talking about. Whatever it is, I hope it is not painful and I hope she has a normal lifespan. I don't care if she has bumps as long as she has a good quality of life.

Today is a special day in Cleo's life. She moved into her adult enclosure today. It's a 36x18x18 in. ExoTerra. Sorry for all the reflections in the pic. The viv below is Mandy's, so now it's like having a snake condo in my bedroom.

Cleo is doing fine. Still no answer on the mystery bumps. She had a perfect shed on February 4 and weighs 201 grams. In this pic she's in her log, which she is not long from outgrowing!

VxIFGaOl.jpg

Thanks DLena. She slept the day in her log, but now that evening has come, she's exploring every nook and cranny. She knows something is different even though the decor was moved from her old home and is in essentially the same locations. She's so cute!

I'm sure glad I got another heat pad and thermostat so that I could get the new one set up and temperature stabilized with the aspen substrate. Then it was easy to move Cleo and her furniture this morning.

I'm currently sanitizing and Clyde will be moving into Cleo's old 20 gallon long Critter Cage. Musical snakes, anyone?

Very hoity-toity! I'm sure all your snakies are real happy for sure. And Cleo is growing up ... 201 grams!

Thanks Ken! She's growing like a weed that's for sure. I don't know how happy I make them, but I know how happy they make me.

It has been a couple of months since I've updated. Cleo now weighs 223 grams. I really watch her weight, especially since the mystery bumps appeared, but she really wants to grow. She is lean and muscular, and I don't know if that has helped the bumps or if she is just outgrowing them; but they are definitely less obvious, even when she's warmed up.

She had the most beautiful shed last night. I wish I had seen it when it happened, but it had to have gone smoothly. Here is a partial picture what I found as I was checking her for the night. It was still a tube and totally intact.

smaBsHQh.jpg

She spent the night in her humid hide (you may be able to see her there in the shed picture), as my snakes seem to like to do immediately after shedding. This morning I got her out. I had left a laundry basket in the living room and Cleo discovered it. The rest is history!

MYdDVKoh.jpg

OcDjzjGh.jpg

OEtL9Smh.jpg

GAltAtvh.jpg

OtIPijBh.jpg

ezOUFpth.jpg

Back