• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2nd Clutch 2010 Blizzard x Ultramel

wax32

ALL YOUR BASE
My second clutch is pipping with one out of the egg so far.

Male: Gold Dust ( Ultramel, Caramel )

Female: Blizzard ( Amel, Charcoal )

Phenotype:
1 / 2 Ultramel het Charcoal, Caramel
1 / 2 Amel het Charcoal, Caramel

2010_pinkxeldorado.jpg

Mom is Pink, dad is El Dorado.

First one out of the egg looks to be a ultramel, although I have never seen one in person... the math shows it has to be ultramel. :D

2010_june_ultramel1a.jpg

2010_june_ultramel1b.jpg

2010_june_ultramel1c.jpg

Thanks Rich, that's actually all one snake, she is the only one out so far. Can't wait for the others to come out. :D

Ultramel #2 is out. Female at first pop also. (I always pop "females" a few times, days apart, before really believing they are females.)

8 more eggs to go. Five are pipped with little noses showing, three show no activity yet.

Thanks Rich, that's actually all one snake, she is the only one out so far. Can't wait for the others to come out. :D

Correction made :p She looks so different in the second pic. I guess the lighting.

I love these morphs!! It is very close to what I plan to breed next year.

Correction made :p She looks so different in the second pic. I guess the lighting.

I love these morphs!! It is very close to what I plan to breed next year.

Yeah the onboard flash does weird things with their colors. The second one out of the egg is much lighter.

And here is ultramel #3:

2010_june_ultramel3a.jpg

Amazing how much color variation these guys have. This one looks more orangy. :D

Thanks. :D

I didn't use perlite, I used Hatch-Rite. The instructions say to use it as is (dry) but I added a small amount of water just poured into it, away from the eggs. That seemed to keep the humidity up in the hova bator better. They incubated right at 60 days, at about 83 degrees.

Here is amel #1, he seems to have a bit of his yolk pouch left still attached. I guess it will dry up and fall off? I hope it isn't intestine or something. It looks like a vein going into his belly button. Not a loop of prolapsed intestine.

2010_amel1a.jpg

2010_amel1b.jpg

You can see the het caramel in him, that's for sure.

That last ultramel is to die for. I've had a baby have the same problem as the your amel. What I done, was get a piece of thread and tie it off as close to the body as you can. It eventually dies and falls off. Mine did fine after this. Good luck!

Back