• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2nd Clutch 2010 Blizzard x Ultramel

So, I am getting some unexpected looking babies.... I began to think, what if Pink (the blizzard) is actually het caramel??

Male: Gold Dust ( Ultramel, Caramel )

Female: Blizzard ( Amel, Charcoal ) het Caramel

Phenotype:
1 / 4 Ultramel het Charcoal, Caramel
1 / 4 Amel het Charcoal, Caramel
1 / 4 Gold Dust ( Ultramel, Caramel ) het Charcoal
1 / 4 Butter ( Amel, Caramel ) het Charcoal

I swear I see a Butter that hatched today, and some of these "ultramels" are SERIOUSLY orange. I think I got a butter and at least one gold dust. I'll post pics later!

Tell me this isn't a butter...

2010_butter1a.jpg

I swear I see a Butter that hatched today, and some of these "ultramels" are SERIOUSLY orange. I think I got a butter and at least one gold dust. I'll post pics later!

Would like to see them...

Ultramels can vary greatly in colouration.. From dark to very light.. . Looking like an odd looking normal all the way to looking like a brighter Hypo A..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

And is this "just" an ultramel with strong visual clues as to being het caramel, or is this a gold dust:

2010_ultramel5.jpg

EDIT: now that I see the picture online he looks ultramelish to me. Looks way lighter in the snake room, lol.

Would like to see them...

Ultramels can vary greatly in colouration.. From dark to very light.. . Looking like an odd looking normal all the way to looking like a brighter Hypo A..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Hehe, our posts crossed. I posted shots of one of each of the "iffy" ones.

I don't see a butter, I see and amel and an ultramel.. Wait a few sheds and your going to see a metamorphisis happen .. Nice critters though... Could they be het for Caramel, sure they could..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

I don't see a butter, I see and amel and an ultramel.. Wait a few sheds and your going to see a metamorphisis happen .. Nice critters though... Could they be het for Caramel, sure they could..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Ah, well they are for SURE het caramel as dad is a gold dust. So you think the "butter" is just a really orange amel?

Respectfully , yes sir.. It will morph in a few sheds.. The light amels are facsinating to watch grow and change..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

I would be suprised if there was not a colour change fairly quick.. I remember some of the first RO's we had.. I swore I had more snows, till they shed two or three times..

Cool, thanks Tim, I bow to your knowledge.

No need to bow, I am just another one of the proles..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back