• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2nd Clutch 2010 Blizzard x Ultramel

Glad that ones cord just fell off on its own!!

I am by no means an expert, especially when it comes to ID'ing new borns, but that one sure does look like a butter to me. Maybe u can tell by the eyes?? Either way they are all great looking!

They finished hatching today... final tally 5 ultramel, 5 amelanistic ... just what the predictor predicted. :D

The last amel freaked me out... I counted 10 empty eggs and only 9 snakes! Turns out it was wrapped up in the little wheel that controls the temperature on the hova-bator. I have no clue how it got up that high! I checked, no burns.... whew!

Last edited:
Glad that ones cord just fell off on its own!!

I am by no means an expert, especially when it comes to ID'ing new borns, but that one sure does look like a butter to me. Maybe u can tell by the eyes?? Either way they are all great looking!

Not sure about the eyes, I don't own any actual butters, just a couple of snakes carrying caramel.

Butter babies for comparision.. Keep in mind the stripe was rather light, but she was blue as can be..

butter10-11-07%282%29.jpg

buttercup07-11-09.jpg

Last edited:
Some post-shed pics:

2010_ultramel2a.jpg

Ultramel #2, Male

2010_ultramel3a.jpg

Ultramel #3, Male - This one is a lot lighter/peachier.

2010_ultramel5a.jpg

Ultramel #5, Male

#2 and #5 look a lot alike.

None of the amels have shed yet. Both the ultramels and amels in this clutch are showing a HUGE amount of color variation. It is going to be seriously hard picking a pair to hold back.

The ultramels are 4.1 and the amels are 1.4 after first round of popping.

Congrats on them all. We tend to watch ours very carfully, because they love to go curl up with the heat coil like yours did. Our first clutch was due to start pipping the 12th, but they are just now dimpling in a little, so it'll be a while yet lol.

Congrats on them all. We tend to watch ours very carfully, because they love to go curl up with the heat coil like yours did. Our first clutch was due to start pipping the 12th, but they are just now dimpling in a little, so it'll be a while yet lol.

Thanks. :D

My eggs never really dimpled at all. All of a sudden they just started popping out.

I just realized the title of the thread is wrong, the pairing is Blizzard x Gold Dust. :D

Here are a couple of the male amels:

2010_amel6d.jpg

More or less normal looking amel, a little yellower than average. The photo is redder than he really is. Hasn't eaten yet.

2010_amel8d.jpg

This one is very buttery and has eaten 3 times already. He is yellower than the picture shows.

I've been taking some more pictures lately, can you tell this little ultramel boy is one of Pink's spawn?

2010_ultramel2.jpg

Back