• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first time with gravid snake

Thanks. I wanted to slap the ppl who were standing around her gawking like she was a monster. Talking about getting a shovel out of landscaping guys truck. I got quite a number of stares when I walked over and picked her up. She's like 4.5 -5.0 ft :)

She looks really big and healthy. Did she have any wounds or anything? I would say an amel. (Candy canes are line bred amels). Would love to see her face...

Also... I have no idea what to do with these babies when they hatch. I've heard some ppl go through craigslist... but I'd like a more...reptile specific site. I don't care about money. I just want good homes.

I have family that wont even walk into my house because of my snakes. They are even more freaked out because I have snake eggs cooking in my kitchen.

She did have two wounds. Both on her belly. I'm thinking one was a burn.. the other was an laceration. Since I found her on a car hood I'm guessing she was using car engines as a heat source? Possibly the cause of both injuries? Since them the burn has healed with a shed. The laceration is getting there. I'm keeping her and her tank very clean. She is big and well fed. I found her that way and have kept her that way. She has an impossibly sweet personality. I love her to pieces <3

Well to be honest, you don't have to hatch the eggs. You could just freeze the eggs for a day before you throw them out. If you are anything like me, I couldn't do that. You can find a local pet store and see if they are interested in buying the babies.

You can also sell them here. You will have to become a contributor to be able to use the for sale section. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/payments.php?

I know a lot of members that have had great success with craigslist. Only thing they recommend is not giving the people your home address but meeting them somewhere. LOL

Yeah no. No freezing baby snakes for me. I'm excited but nervous for the learning experience. My main concern is for the mamma. I've decided to name her kairi... I'm a big kingdom hearts fan. I've heard craigslist will totally sell.... but not necessarily into knowledgable/responsible people's hands. Is that untrue?

You can be very picky on who you sell to. So I know a few people have connected and then those that are buying the snake will join here.

Since you did find her and know nothing about her, I would take a fecal to the vet. Just to be on the safe side.

Also, word of advice, when she does start laying eggs, resist checking and disturbing her too often. Stress can cause egg binding.

I've lookex up a few exotic pet vets. Hadnt thought about a fecal. She's only pooped once since I got her. I guess ill have to wait.

Thanks for the advice

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but have you posted found ads anywhere? It's an adult and you said she looked healthy when you found her, she could be an escapee. There could be someone wondering where she is.

If you do post a found ad you don't have to be specific, you can say something like: Found corn snake, in such and such area, you must be able to tell me what color/morph and approx length.

That's how I started my thread. "Sure escaped pet" I think I mentioned it more than once. I made ads asap. Id be posting ads if kirk, spock , or picard escaped. The ads are still up.

I'm not sure what else to do in that regard. I had a list of questions ready and no one came remotely close to the right answer. Moet replied wiyh "wild type". I guess because they thought I had just found a wild animal sunning itself. No one guessed amel. Candy. Albino. Or ajything close like sunkissed. No one kbew the right length. The right temperament. Anything. I went through the same process that I would with a dog or cat.

That's how I started my thread. "Sure escaped pet" I think I mentioned it more than once. I made ads asap. Id be posting ads if kirk, spock , or picard escaped. The ads are still up.
Yup I think you did mention "escaped pet" more than once, but I didn't see that you said you had posted ads. I was and still am on my phone so it's possible I missed it, if I did I apologize! Glad to hear you posted ads :)

no, i didnt mention originally that i had posted ads. when i came on the forum i wasn't really thinking about all that. my line of thought was basically just seeking advice on how to help her, and what she needs. /shrug

Back