• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first time with gravid snake

The one thing my girl needed when she laid eggs was Calcium powder which I bought from Pets at home but you obviously have something similar in America. My girl is still quite young and no where near as big as yours so she may be okay :) We were very nervous when she started laying and had read through pretty much every post on here and on Google haha. Good luck to you :) Have you read up on caring for the eggs and incubating ?

yeah, i've been reading a ton. I actually took today off to take care of some things because i'm working the next 14-19 days and won't have a heck of a lot of time to spare. since i don't know when she became gravid i don't know when to expect the eggs.

making her lay box today :)

<3

yeah, i've been reading a ton. I actually took today off to take care of some things because i'm working the next 14-19 days and won't have a heck of a lot of time to spare. since i don't know when she became gravid i don't know when to expect the eggs.

making her lay box today :)

<3

I'd say if you can feel the eggs and they are quite hard then she's probably ready to pop, I only say that because we didn't start to notice bulges in her until around a week before and even then we wondered if we just had bad vision as we couldnt feel anything, then one day she stopped eating, up went her tail and she started firing them out (not literally) haha. :)

That is a good idea. I would dust the mice with a reptile calcium powder. You could also do a vitamin powder. They kind you use for like bearded dragons.

I know a member here that her vet believes giving breeding females calcium powder reduces egg binding.

Congrats on the lay box :) Even if she just lays slugs, it is a great humid hide for prelay and postlay sheds.

well this sucks

:shrugs::confused:

I went to check on my girl today. I picked her up and she felt limp. I paniced at first, but then she regained normal strength.

She felt totally deflated. I was happy at first thinking I'd find eggs.

I only found one, hard, brown deflated egg. But, that's it. I searched a lot.

I felt her a few times, and I don't feel anything else in there.

What happened? Do they eat their own eggs??????

Is there a chance she's egg bound? She feels a lot skinnier, but i Swear I felt more than a half a dozen definitive lumps in there. I don't get it.

Attachments

• 20130525_183308.jpeg
    20130525_183308.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 22
I would leave her alone and see if she lays anymore!... Sometimes they will lay a slug a few days before the rest.

Pictures would always help for others to give you better information.

Yeah, I reduced her water bowl since I read to take out large water bowls for gravid mamas.

I sifted through her whole tank.... I was pretty excited thinking **they must be somewhere***. I found nothing :(

I'm hoping she'll lay in a few days, and this was just a slug before the rest...

I'm hoping more that she's not egg bound. I'm going to take a few pictures... but if she in the middle of laying, I don't want to disturb her a lot and then as a result make her egg bound. This is more stressful than I thought, I figured she'd just lay her clutch in the laybox and that'd be that lol. naive notion i suppose.

AFTER the dud

All of the next pictures are from today. I took her out for just a minute to take these. I don't want to disturb her again. I'm hoping she still has some eggs in there.

Attachments

• she feels deflated.jpg
    she feels deflated.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 27
  • side view after.jpg
    side view after.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 27
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 27
She still could have some eggs inside of her. I would go ahead and put her back in her laybox and leave her be for about 48 hours with very little checking on her.

She is a beautiful girl btw!

Back