• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello all, from currently-too-hot Colorado (intro & a question)

Just saw this thread - I am also from Colorado, Fort Collins area. Hi fellow locals! :)

I also wanted to comment that there is a great breeder (who I and others on this forum would definitely recommend) that attends the expo, and he has some great corns. VMS herps (http://www.vmsherp.com/). Thats where I got my normal motley from in January of 06. Sean is a great guy and has some awesome animals. He doesn't attend every show, and I am not sure if he will be around for the November one.

Also, there is a Colorado herp yahoogroup if any of you are interested. There are a lot of breeders (and non reptile breeders) on there, for any herps. If you are interested, check it out: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/coloradoherps/

SnBMeg said:
Now for the question: does anyone have recommendations on where to order f/t online? I can get them from a few local stores, and already have, but I would prefer not to rely on them (experience has taught me not to put all my eggs in that basket).
TheMouseFactory.com. I order from them monthly, and they have excellent mice and the best shipping prices to the west coast or south west.

ratsncorns said:
I also wanted to comment that there is a great breeder (who I and others on this forum would definitely recommend) that attends the expo, and he has some great corns. VMS herps (http://www.vmsherp.com/). Thats where I got my normal motley from in January of 06. Sean is a great guy and has some awesome animals. He doesn't attend every show, and I am not sure if he will be around for the November one.

Greetings :) Yep, I had a look at VMS herps table when shopping for corn :D Those looked like some nice little snakes, but I wanted an older corn and they didn't have any at the time for 'low enough' prices. Heard good things about them, tho.

Argentra, thanks! Ryukins are without a doubt my favorite goldie breed--a bit of a coincidence for that particular individual, since I bought him as an "oranda" lol. There've been a fair number of really nice little ryukins--already have very pronounced humps and compact bodies--at the local Petsmarts lately, and it's always a bit of a temptation to get another. As much work and trouble as they give me, my goldfish would be the hardest to part with of all my fish.

I keep comparing balloon molly breeding to corn snake breeding: if I could keep the balloons in proportionately sized containers, I'd have room for hundreds! Thousands! I could keep them in Dixie cups! T_T The tank I've got at work, while small, has a good little filter, is lightly stocked, and has live plants for added waste processing, so I only have to top off the water every few days and feed; it's bliss. T_T

Congrats on the feed! :D I've just become the owner of 4 problem/non-feeders, and I've been cruising through all the pertinent threads for tips and hope, lol.

jaxom, thanks for the rec! :D

Angela, judging from the booth map on the expo site, it looks like VMS will be there in November! I need to go ahead and print that map out so that I can start circling booths to visit. :)

Back