• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

(Het for)Golden corn snake eggs pipping! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

BlueKing

Well, the moment I've been waiting for HAS finally arrived!!! A moment I will NEVER FORGET! (I've had the WHOLE entire house set at 82 degrees for two months to make sure nothing got messed up LOL!) 65 days and five of them have their heads sticking out. As you can see by the pic they all have red and gray background on them. Sorry for the bad pic, I will post more pics tomorrow (when the rest of them pip, and some may be out of their eggs by then as well)
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIRTH OF THE GOLDEN CORN!!!

Zee

Attachments

• Golden corns pipping.JPG
    Golden corns pipping.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 658
Now the fun begins. Growing those up and pairing them back to one another to see if this new 'golden' gene is reproducable.

Congratulations. I know this is the beginning of a great road of discovery. Your girl is SO beautiful! :)

Congratulations - it must be an amazing feeling! The mom is beautiful - can't wait to see the babies.

Thanks Joe! Like you said: ALL aboard - here we go!!! looking forward to it. One of them has left the egg already and looks like a small miami phase. I'll post some pics tomorrow,

Zee

Thank you very much, Sasheena. This will be an interesting journey and I'm hoping for more GOLD of course! I have 10 that have pipped so far and one is already out of the egg. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Zee

Guess my monitor is finally shot, cause all I see are anerys. Squinted and adjusted as much as I could and no red. Waiting not so patiently for tomorrow (er, later this morning?) :sidestep:

Congratulations Zee!

Now the real wait begins. Like others have said, now you have to prove that it is reproducible and the compatibility issue with Caramel is still out there. You should be able to take care of both of these questions in two years.

It will be totally cool, if the Golden Corn does prove out to be a new genetic morph. That is a discovery that very few of us get to be involved in. At least now you know that you have preserved the gene in her offspring, which has to be a very big relief!

Hey remember that promise to me Z? You're sending 2.2 to me as soon as they've eaten 3 times, right!!?!! -no charge of course!!!

Tell me, has the golden female double clutched??

now, you are going to breed her to a caramel next year to prove that it's not caramel aren't ya?

good luck, i hope it is a new gene. that'd be really cool.

Here are pics of the babies:

Here are pics of the babies. They are all normal looking with some faint orange starting on their foreparts:
I will take some close up pics later on if you can't see this one too good,
Thanks for looking,

Zee

Attachments

• Baby corns (het for gold) 1.JPG
    Baby corns (het for gold) 1.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 459
Thank you Joe! Yes it Is a relief since I didn't take any chances with these. I even had the whole house temp set at 82 degrees for 2 months! But like you said, now the wait begins! I would like to try that caramel thing too, maybe we'll get an all yellow/golden corn???

Zee

I already know it's not a caramel, because caramels have yellow background color and dark blotches. My golden corn has GRAY background color and yellow/golden blotches!
But I still want to breed them, maybe we'll get an all yellow/golden corn???

Zee

Hi there in Sweden! How are you?
Promised you what?????? You must have the wrong person!!! LOL! But anyway, sure am glad that ALL hatched, 100% hatch rate!!! 13 out of 13!!! Got a couple of runts, but they're all perfectly healthy,

Zee

Caramel

BlueKing said:
I already know it's not a caramel, because caramels have yellow background color and dark blotches. My golden corn has GRAY background color and yellow/golden blotches!
But I still want to breed them, maybe we'll get an all yellow/golden corn???

Zee
I think caramel would be a perfect match!

Attachments

• 00 Caramel het amel motley(F).JPG
    00 Caramel het amel motley(F).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 423
  • Caramel-2.jpg
    Caramel-2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 423
Hey Blueking ,
can you post a picture of both parents please ? I remember about the golden corn , but I will be happy to see it again .

Back