• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I swear they're going to be the end of me!! Day 70 and still no pippies...

Humidity is at 100%, so they should be able to get through just fine. I guess Im just being impatient...

Thanks for all of the encouragement. It really helps. Guess I'll just take a big breath and wait it out.

Humidity is at 100%, so they should be able to get through just fine. I guess Im just being impatient...

Thanks for all of the encouragement. It really helps. Guess I'll just take a big breath and wait it out.

I don't think you're really being that impatient. That might be my forte, since I can't stop myself from checking mine at least three times a day; and I'm only on day 55! Good thoughts never hurt, and often can help. You seem to have a lot of them coming your way, so chances are that it will end up good.

"Have you ever seen beardies when they hatch? I swear they look dead"

this is true just had that experience 5 mins ago, good luck they are prob just lazy lol

Any new word on your eggies? You're on day 77 now, right? Did you read the other thread where it took someone (sorry, I'm so bad with names) four months to hatch out their babies!!? They were incubating at room temp. though.
Let us know how everything's going over there when you can. I hope all is well.

It's day 75 and nothing as of this morning. And I hadn't seen that other thread, I'll have to search for it. I know that they can be incubated at lower temps, but that they take longer. Frustrating with mine though, is that they've been incubating at 82 +/- a degree or two the whole time. But the eggs look fine, and the one I slit had, what I could tell, a perfectly normal snake inside (not sure if that one will end up making it :().

It's day 75 and nothing as of this morning. And I hadn't seen that other thread, I'll have to search for it. I know that they can be incubated at lower temps, but that they take longer. Frustrating with mine though, is that they've been incubating at 82 +/- a degree or two the whole time. But the eggs look fine, and the one I slit had, what I could tell, a perfectly normal snake inside (not sure if that one will end up making it :().

Gee Matthew, I'm sorry to hear that. I've had mine pretty close to that temp too. I've decided to crank mine up and try to keep it more towards 85 the last couple of days, (and am planning on keeping it that high if/when my girl double clutches here which it looks like she's going to and she's a known doubler). Like it's really going to make a difference now! Ha ha. I sure hope your little normal is okay too.
Have you thought about maybe trying to candle them again sometime? I've gotten pretty crazily obsessed with my first eggs ever here and only on day 56. I actually sat down last night (while watching humidity and temp, of course) and candled all of mine. Out of my ten, nine have moving babies inside. Mind you, this took a lot of sitting and staring and waiting and watching. I've lost it, I think (my mind, that is); but at least now I know. Just an idea if you're still going crazy like I'm quickly becoming already!!

Gee Matthew, I'm sorry to hear that. I've had mine pretty close to that temp too. I've decided to crank mine up and try to keep it more towards 85 the last couple of days, (and am planning on keeping it that high if/when my girl double clutches here which it looks like she's going to and she's a known doubler). Like it's really going to make a difference now! Ha ha. I sure hope your little normal is okay too.
Have you thought about maybe trying to candle them again sometime? I've gotten pretty crazily obsessed with my first eggs ever here and only on day 56. I actually sat down last night (while watching humidity and temp, of course) and candled all of mine. Out of my ten, nine have moving babies inside. Mind you, this took a lot of sitting and staring and waiting and watching. I've lost it, I think (my mind, that is); but at least now I know. Just an idea if you're still going crazy like I'm quickly becoming already!!

Yeah, its definitely weird. And usually my girls double clutch around when the first clutch is hatching, well the mother of these already had her double clutch too, about 10 days ago. But I'm just going to wait it out. If it gets to be three months, then I'll probably give up. :shrugs:

Side note: the one I cut partially came out, but was dead. So that sucks, but I took him out and he seems completely normal. My guess is that these guys are just taking a long time to develop.

What I am going to be curious about, is when (if) they hatch, is to see their growth rates outside the egg.

Yeah, its definitely weird. And usually my girls double clutch around when the first clutch is hatching, well the mother of these already had her double clutch too, about 10 days ago. But I'm just going to wait it out. If it gets to be three months, then I'll probably give up. :shrugs:

Side note: the one I cut partially came out, but was dead. So that sucks, but I took him out and he seems completely normal. My guess is that these guys are just taking a long time to develop.
I wonder if next time someone has to do this if there would be a way to cover the slit with something so the hatchling doesn't die?
Maybe a piece of plastic or saran wrap that will prevent dehydration and fluid loss? Or do you think it died because you cut the embryonic sac? Just an idea?

now you got me sucked into cheering for some pippies!

GO PIPPIES GO! GO PIPPIES GO!!

But boy, I bet you feel just like this: :headbang:
The waiting would kill me

I wonder if next time someone has to do this if there would be a way to cover the slit with something so the hatchling doesn't die?
Maybe a piece of plastic or saran wrap that will prevent dehydration and fluid loss? Or do you think it died because you cut the embryonic sac? Just an idea?

What about superglue?
I know working on chicken eggs we always used superglue... but just another idea

Mathew, I'm sorry to hear about the little normal; and that you're still getting no action over there. I'm frustrated for you.
Have you thought about cranking up your incubator? I don't know if this would make a difference at this point, but it makes me feel better to have turned mine up for the past few days, and I do plan on incubating this second clutch (when it comes) at a higher temp. What is the warmest that you can incubate anyway? I don't even know.
Did you happen to read the thread about pippies that pipped after four months yet? Here's the link. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=643675
Hopefully this will make you feel better and help you to decide not to give up for a long time.
Believe me. Patience is not a virtue that I have. I better learn to develop it, apparently.
I'm with the theory that they will start pipping on Thursday. Maybe we can will it to happen.
And the chant is still going here: "Go pippies. Go pippies!"
Boy, us corn snake people can sure be strange. I like it.
Keep the faith!!

I don't think slitting the egg had anything to do with it passing away. There is no need to seal the egg back up, they just stay in there until they are ready. More than likely it was just a weak hatchling.

I hope they hatch ok. I am always nervous for eggs to hatch. It's almost like being pregnant, ....yes I think the anxiety is the same. My eggs are on day 69 and I have been thinking their due date was the 52nd day. But I am incubating at room temp. (reptile room temp 78-86, mostly around 80) so I know it will take a little longer. Of course it's not just a normal clutch...but poss. opal stripe clutch...well I am praying for one anyway, from first time parents that I raised, so I am very excited. The female double clutched about a week ago also, so it's any day. I was reading in Kathy's book that it could be up to 90 days for me, so maybe I will stop checking them every hour. Good luck with yours. My friend's eggs hatched at 50 days (incubated)....??who knows...but please keep us posted and I wish you the best.

I feel very sorry for you, must be so annoying just waiting!! This year is my first time breeding ever and I'm only on day 50 so definetely not expecting anything yet, but I sure hope they are pipping by day 65 otherwise I'll probably go nuts!! :crazy01:

I'll join in the chant... COME ON PIPPIES!!! :dunce:

Thanks for the encouragement. Still nothing...

Of course it's not just a normal clutch...but poss. opal stripe clutch...

Yeah, this clutch is one I've been trying to produce for three years. These are the F1 for my coral snow motley project (sire is coral snow and dam is a ghost motley). The first two years the female slugged out both times. Thought the first year was a fluke, but the 2nd knew she must be infertile (I knew it wasn't the male as he's a breeding machine). She got replaced last year, and this year I got a nice healthy clutch, that she laid outside her lay box when I was out of town. Only 5 survived, and now I'm down to 4 since I lost the slit one.

I should have been hatching out F2s with this project by now, but still haven't gotten the F1. I don't think Murphy wants this project to succeed.

I think they will start pipping on Thursday.

Come on little pippies!!

Not to have fun at your expense Matt, but maybe you should start taking bets on what day they will pip? :D It might help take your mind off their delay.
Terri
If it helps any, I incubate at a pretty constant 84.5F and even my guys are running a week late this year. Hang in there!

Thanks for the encouragement. Still nothing...

Yeah, this clutch is one I've been trying to produce for three years. These are the F1 for my coral snow motley project (sire is coral snow and dam is a ghost motley). The first two years the female slugged out both times. Thought the first year was a fluke, but the 2nd knew she must be infertile (I knew it wasn't the male as he's a breeding machine). She got replaced last year, and this year I got a nice healthy clutch, that she laid outside her lay box when I was out of town. Only 5 survived, and now I'm down to 4 since I lost the slit one.

I should have been hatching out F2s with this project by now, but still haven't gotten the F1. I don't think Murphy wants this project to succeed.
Matthew, I should have known you were talking about such incredible babies with all the torment they're putting you through!!! Coral snow is my absolute favorite morph!! And to add motley to that; oh my. Wow. Keep the faith. Hopefully you'll be seeing little pippie heads any time now. You have to remember that a lot of the very best things in the world take a ton of work. This would prove that right.

Back