• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I swear they're going to be the end of me!! Day 70 and still no pippies...

Not to have fun at your expense Matt, but maybe you should start taking bets on what day they will pip? :D It might help take your mind off their delay.
Terri
If it helps any, I incubate at a pretty constant 84.5F and even my guys are running a week late this year. Hang in there!

Haha!! Not a bad idea. I'll start. June 27th!

I'm going to have to go with...soon......very, very soon, and just when you think you can't take it anymore.
"Go pippies! Go pippies!"

Are you kidding me what day is it now, I haven't posted on this thread yet but have been following it. What is the longest someones clutch had been incubating for? You said the one you slit had not gone full-term right?

Are you kidding me what day is it now, I haven't posted on this thread yet but have been following it. What is the longest someones clutch had been incubating for? You said the one you slit had not gone full-term right?

I have the exact same sentiments: I've been following, too, but not commenting...and wow, 6/10 was day #70...so today is day #81! Oy, vey, I can only imagine how frustrated you feel, Matt...! I hope that the clutch -- when it finally does hatch -- is even better than you expected it to be. Good things come to those who wait! *fingers crossed!* :cheers:

In Kathy Love's book she writes:
" One record was sent to us of a clutch of seventeen eggs that resulted in only one live baby hatching after 120 days, which is abnormally long"

We're not even close to that...BEFORE that she writes:

"hundreds of clutches of corn eggs have hatched...after an average of seventy three days of incubation ( the actual range was between 69-80 days)"

Hope that makes you feel better Matt :)

Last edited:
what a relief! That's great news. Now you can breathe, my eggs hatched on day 70 and 71 at snake room temp. Congratulations!!

WOW!!!

what a relief! That's great news. Now you can breathe, my eggs hatched on day 70 and 71 at snake room temp. Congratulations!!
Congratulations!!! I have just joined and I am sitting on 63days temps have been at 85 and still nothing. Weather here has been crazy to i am from ontario and we just shut the heat off at the beginning of June!!! This is my first clutch they have done some weird stuff i went to candle one a week a go and it leaked everywhere but have candled and baby still alive. Impatient is not the word for this. I raise dogs they come out the earliest 59days to the latest 63days. This waiting is driving me nuts. I have bred a sunglow to a snow and would really like to know what i am getting???

Back