• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think Murphy is being very cruel to me! Need your thoughts/opinions

Just that photo. The lighting was really good for catching saddle colors, but not so much for eyes. Her ruby's didn't show through as much. :crazy01:

As far as I can tell, both look like regular ghosts. Though I haven't seen too many pics (and not any adults) of anything with ultra and anery together...

that "ghost" looks a lot like my ultramel anery -- Frederica, she's got pink tones in the background, and lighter silvery grey saddles. I will see if i can take a new pic tonight and post for comparison. (she's the snake in my avatar)

here are 2 pics of Frederica, one, is just her body to hopefully give you a better idea. These were just taken outside, I tried doing some inside but the camera kept wanting to flash (o well).

~Rosecat

Attachments

• frederica2s.jpg
    frederica2s.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 69
  • fredericabody1.jpg
    fredericabody1.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 69
I got Frederica from Rockmonkey, he told me where he got her from but I'm blanking right now. If he doesn't see this post, maybe one of the other SoCal peeps will and might know too.

She's an '06

oops -- were you directing that question to me?

I know where Timmah got that one.. Came from Steve Litte.. Remember that long haired biker guy that was playing harmonica at the San D show.. Thats Mr Little..

I bought a very dark ultramel anery female ( The only purchase I made at the show ) from him this time at the San D show, should be intresting to watch her grow and do comparisons to the lighter very coral ghost like male we got from him years ago..

This guy is late 05 I believe or really early 06, came from the above said mentioned breeder that Rockmonkey got his from..

shale7-12-07.jpg

The 07 I just got from the same breeder at last weekends San Diego show... Much darker.. Stephen had a really dark ultramel anery from the same breeder..

wisteria06-29-08(6).jpg

Now I really wonder about the one of the last ghosts I bought from him years ago, she is really dark, maybe I should keep her around for one more breeding season and breed her to an amel to find out for sure..

Regards... Tim of T and J

BAP mentioned..

It would be quite interesting and bizarre if some local yokel guy randomly had ultra before it was really "around". But you never know I guess.

Well the originator of Rockmonkey's, mine, Stephens, LeftyM's and quite a few other So Cal folk, he has had them for numerous years... As best I can tell at least 6 yrs, of course he was selling them as T+ corns or even the Harley Davidson of corn snakes.. *chuckles* I am sort of going the long way around proving out some of the animals I got from this fellow.. If you look through what we did for breedings this year you will be able to find the breedings we have done with the most mature animals we got from Steve Little...

I am hoping to hatch out some ultramel aneries this year..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Well the originator of Rockmonkey's, mine, Stephens, LeftyM's and quite a few other So Cal folk, he has had them for numerous years... As best I can tell at least 6 yrs, of course he was selling them as T+ corns or even the Harley Davidson of corn snakes.. *chuckles* I am sort of going the long way around proving out some of the animals I got from this fellow.. If you look through what we did for breedings this year you will be able to find the breedings we have done with the most mature animals we got from Steve Little...

The female in question didn't originate from California. She was purchased in 2004 as a hatchling from a Lititz, Pennsylvania vendor. If she were Ultra Anery, that would mean the guy I got her from would have had to have Ultra by 2001-2002, to have produced her (assuming he purchased the parents as hatchlings).

I understand that Steph, in your case the animal did not originante in Cali..Its been around for quite some time on both sides of the country.. Intresting isn't it.. Of course Rich has had ultramel genetics for a long long time, and before that Falconia ( sp? )..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Well I have sold offspring from the Ultras for quite a long time and of course when I lived in Maryland, I had quite a few buyers in the area. And there is no telling how long and how many Ultras and derivatives Mike Falcon and Mike Shiver sold over the years.

Quite frankly, at this late date, I think if would be foolish to NOT consider the possibility of Ultra any time some unusual results showed up.

And now with Sunkissed, Lava, Ashy Corns, the *Mind Bending Hypomelanistic Absorbing Gene*, and other traits we are catching glimpses of, the game is tilting more and more in favor of us NOT really knowing what we are putting those labels on. Heck, I have a bunch of animals this year that I can't put labels on simply because I really don't know positively what they are. In many cases, the only real way to determine that would be to grow them up and use them in test breedings. Put who the heck is going to do that for everything (or anything) they produce and only sell genetically PROVEN adults? Not going to happen.....

And things are going to get much, much worse....... This will be a golden age for those people who enjoy surprises, mysteries, and riddles. For those who need to have everything categorized, labeled, and cross referenced, this is going to be pure hell.

Oo, i didn't know the snake you got was an ultramel anery, I just knew it wasn't a ghost ...
That would be my fault, I didn't post what morph it was... wanted to see what people guessed or if anyone questioned what she was.

And I think Rich is right... since Tim and I first started following corn genetics, things have gotten crazier and more confusing over the years. Everything we thought we knew seems to be out dated or wrong or just not what we thought it was.

Another example, aside from the Ultras and Funky or weird Hypos, would be the stripes and cubes.

Well the girl I posted a picture of has eggs that should be hatching in the next 7-12 days (I hope) and she was bred to a hypo het ?? so we'll see what happens. If there are any normals we'll know that Matthew sold me a hell of a deal on Boo :cool:

Back