• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is my snake gravid? - picture thread

Well Bella as well as another female..Celia, both must have absorbed their eggs. Both were lumpy, acting gravid, looking gravid, stayed in lay boxes etc. and neither laid any eggs though both copulations were witnessed. Bella did the same thing last year and never laid so I think we aren't going to try with her next year. Celia laid last year and the male was also a proven breeder so I know it isn't a case of infertility. Just weren't ready to be mammas I guess..I think we are going to probably be trying to sell Bella as a pet only snake soon. We had thought about selling her earlier this year but decided to try one more time...

This female laid 5 days after these were taken.
View attachment 82200[/QUOTE]

my female opal looked exactly the same as her didnt even feel anything in her then suddenly out came 21 beatifull eggs wich are currently incubating .on day 45 now :D

I have had my corn snake for 10yrs. She is about 14. I was told she is a female. I got her from the humane society. She always stops eating from April until June. This year she has not eaten since late Feb. or early March and still has not eaten. She has never laid eggs. The last couple of days I have been putting her in a warm bath with vitamins. She drinks the vitamn water so I know that she is still drinking. Today I noticed a spot that looks swollen, about 5 to 6 inches from her vent. Is it possible that after all these years that she has eggs? Or because of her age should I be worried about a tumor or something else? I would be happy for any advice!

If it's only one spot, I doubt it is an egg. Take her to a vet. It might be a tumor. I had a snake that developed them near his vent and despite vet intervention numerous times, it turned out to be cancer and I had to have him put to sleep.

I am so sad. We just came back from the vet and he said that my blue eyed baby has cancer.

I am so sorry. :( My first adult corn Henry--I absolutely adored him--had a cancerous tumor in about the same spot. Right now we're dealing with a similar serious health problem with our 15yro cat...furry or scaley, it just breaks the heart.

Again...I'm so sorry.

Thanks

The vet said other than the cancer that the snake looks great. Not to be in a hurry to put her to sleep. He said because of where the cancer is that surgery probably wouldn't work. But if she still won't eat soon and starts to loose weight than its time to take action. As you well know sometimes its hard to be a pet owner!

I'm so sorry your snake has cancer. The good news is she gets to have a chance to eat and stick around for a while. I have had really good luck with offering the stubborn ones that don't want to eat f/t quail and chicks lately.

My Henry had surgery to remove his tumor, but unfortunately it came back so I understand what your vet is saying. I hope she remains comfortable and you are able to enjoy her for a while to come. If you are unable to get chicks or quail (you can buy them in bulk on websites like RodentPro), maybe try getting feathers from a pet store and rub her mice with them? Someone suggested something like that for my stubborn hatchlings. I've never needed to do it, but maybe it's worth a try.

As to the topic at hand, here is my lavender earlier this year when she was heavily gravid:
10155184_10206978866769595_3561398612555814728_n.jpg

11251045_10207057212088179_3521079376948584562_n.jpg

She laid 19 eggs for me this year. :)

Now, this classic multi-het girl I don't know. I've not witnessed any locks, but I'm hopeful, and I think she has a certain promising roundness to her. Just in case I'm putting a lay box in her enclosure after her next shed. :D

I did feed her the other day, so there is a meal-remnant bump higher up FTR.
11694797_10207447830253389_1696581306102049158_n.jpg

Back