• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kastanie + Kastanie based morphs

Yea, Breeding trials need to be done at some point for us to know for sure, I hope to test The rosybloods against the kastanies in 2010 and i assume that Don will test his rosybloods against the Javas in 2010 if not this year so we should know next year!

Im hoping the same, would love to actually know for sure if what i have is Kastanie or not. :)
The one i do have is also "het" for tangerine, so if it does end up being kastanie, there's plenty of potential :)

I visited a friend of mine and took some update shots from his kastanie female which is showen on first page.

Enjoy!

0.1 Kastanie poss. het. Amel

My 1.1 normals het amel kastanie blood are ready to breed now, if there are a few kastanie/mandarins in the clutch I try to send them to the United States. Hopefully this solves the question a bit more...

FINALLY!!! hook up...

2 months of work come to an end.

keep your fingers crossed for a kastanieblood!! 3/64 is not much, but maybe murphy pays no attention... :laugh01:

very nice.. seems like an interesting morph.
i dont know a great deal about them yet, but may end up with some one day

everyone should keep one :punch:

I hope I can show some new morphs later this year, Frank Schaub is working on

Hypo Kastanie
Kastanie Motley
Kastanie Striped
Mandarin Motley
Mandarin Striped
Kastanie Bloodred
Mandarin Bloodred
Lavender Kastanie/Opal Mandarin

There's a good chance that he'll hatch at least one of every morph this year. First clutches will hatch in august.

OOhhh gosh...those are soo pretty! I wish we had them on this side of the pond....they are wonderful looking.

Why are Kastanie's seldom mentioned? They are very nice looking!

Because it's a relative new gene and it isn't floating around in the genepools like anery, charcoal, caramel, and so on. There are VERY FEW proven kastanies in the united states, maybe just one or two animals. Here in EU, especially in germany they become common, but there are still extreme less kastanie based morphs out there. Hopefully, this season this will change :)

I think Don could offer some in a year or two, I've sent him a kastanie female from last year for proving out if his rosybloods are kastaniebloods or not.

'07 normal het amel kastanie bloodred x normal het amel kastanie bloodred

keep your fingers crossed!

male

female

14 good eggs :grin01:

Hypo Kastanie

Frank Schaub hatched a Hypo Kastanie out! Here's a first picture.

normal het hypo kastanie x normal het hypo anery kastanie

I hope you are lucky with the eggs and you'll get some nice mandarin and/or kastanie bloods. ^^

The hypo kastanie looks great, I can't wait to see how it will look like when it grows up.

Greetings
Seriva

here are the latest pic from my male kastenie het.amel

and here a normal het.amel blood kastanie from 2008,results from kastanie het.amel x fire

These guys are really interesting, and very attractive. I hope to see more in the US very soon, I'd love to have one!

Back