• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kastanie + Kastanie based morphs

It's hatchling time and Frank Schaub showes off, all pictures were taken after first shed. It seems there's some kind of dimorphism between the genders, similar to lavender :rofl:

Hypo Kastanie male #1

Hypo Kastanie female #1

Hypo Kastanie male #2

Hypo Kastanie female #2

clutchmate, Kastanie ph Hypo

and another Kastanie from another Clutch

Kastanie ph Amel Lavender

nice results, nice hatchlings and nice pix ;)

I will send Don a few animals, adults and subadults so you all can buy them next year from him ;)

Thanks Makis! At the moment, the Hypo Kastanies don't look very special, but when you know the colour progression of regular Kastanies...they HAVE TO be screamers in a couple of months!

Thanks for sharing, folks. This is one of those morphs I've been following since hearing of it. I love the red-checked ventrum in the photo earlier on the thread. Is that typical?

As far as I've seen them, the more colourful examples of them tend to those reddisch brown checkers, but there're also eyamples with less red and more black spots.

The Hypo Kastanies show also those wierd red checkers on the belly. It's a regular belly pattern but red/orange instead of black like common bellys.

well.... here are some 08er animals from Frank Schaub... enjoy :devil01:
(all still available :p )

nice post to show the variability of the gene. when regular kastanies look like this, hypo kastanies HAVE TO be stunners! :grin01:

...just a little update! They have already shed two times...:devil01:

1.0 Hypo Kastanie

0.1 Hypo Kastanie

Does anyone have these available for sale in the U.S.? If so how much would they be selling for?

I managed to do a deal with marcz on a adult male kastanie, and 2 lots of trio hets, they are normal het kastanie and hypo, and the other trio are amel het kastanie caramel..
i will use the male to producea few projects i think, mybe not too manyas i am looking at getting into royals a lot more..
i simply need to quit work lol

Does anyone have these available for sale in the U.S.? If so how much would they be selling for?

South Mountain Reptiles and Rebel Rat Snakes has them, not sure if any are available and not sure of cost, check with them. I think Don has mandarins and a few other morphs also.

dc

I'm back from my visit to Frank Schaub, unfortunatly a few hypo kastanie females turned out to be ghosts but nevertheless, here are some newer projects and update pics.

Enjoy!

at first a comparison between a kastanie and a hypo kastanie male from the same clutch

two suspected kastaniebutter motley (or buttermandarin motley?!), both males

that's a suspected lavenderkastanie male, look at his interesting colouration!

that's a suspected lavenderkastanie male, look at his interesting colouration!

WoHooaaaa!!! Gorgeous!
And when would you have more available - perhaps one for me? :D

What's with his back? I hope it's only due to a funny position and not a kink on his spine...

That lavendar kastanie is astounding. All of these are really lovely but I really like the ones with strong brown coloring.

Back