• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kastanie Photo!!!

I think she is a bit of a stunner myself, i am loving how much she has changed and how quickly it has happened!

I always thought kastanies were so-so, but yours is lovely. I think those are the best pictures I've seen of the morph

She's a real beauty! Interesting to see her change as so far the change has been huge in such a short period of time.

I bet you already have some breeding plans for her...? I'd be curious to hear... ;)

And once again I bring up the miami trait. Looking at her pics made me wonder would using some miami in the line help keep that "teenage-colouring"...

Possibly, i may out cross her to a abbotts okeetee and a miami at some stage.

I plan to breed just about everything possible to her so plenty of breedings planned!

I plan to breed just about everything possible to her so plenty of breedings planned!

In that case it had better been a male , you can us a male to multiple females .
Try to breed her to a male with amel genes to get the amelversion "MANDARIN"

Nice animal , didn't expect this strong change

Well personally i don't really like the amel version so i will steer clear of them but i do have another pair het Kastanie amel bloodred caramel motley so i should get mandarins and mandarin motleys out of them!

Those are from Dons line of rosybloods so that is assuming that it is the kastanie gene which Don's are carrying. That will be my first breeding is a het rosyblood from Don to this female to test their compatibility. This could be next year as this female is now pushing on for 100g.

I am picking up a female het kastanie amel motley from Marc Zajonc to go with my male from him which i got last year so there should be plenty of kastanies and mandarins being produced here over the next few years.

I think i may breed a pastel motley to her the following year or maybe a pied-sided bloodred, or maybe a dilute anery motley, or maybe... lol

She is in with a male from Don's Rosyblood line at the moment... But here is a photo from the other week! She weighs well over 300g now!

Kastanie Mod.jpg

Very nice Torsten. Like mentioned earlier in this thread- these have to be some of the best Kastanie pics I've seen around. The color change was amazing. This gene is opening up yet another huge area for possible color & pattern combinations- very exciting.

Cheers,
Graham

thanks for the update! do you also have a full body picture?

I'm asking, because your female had an untypical "miami" look when she was young, I wonder how this is expressed in adult?! I know a lot of kastanies of this line and most of them don't have these pretty cool "miami"-look. would be great if you have such a picture ;)

btw VERY NICE pairing!! Keep us posted!

wow wow WOW! i for SURE thought this was an anery, then realized that this is an old thread that had been resurrected! and to my delight, WITH progression photos. that really is an amazing change, i almost can't even believe it's the same snake!

Very nice Torsten. Like mentioned earlier in this thread- these have to be some of the best Kastanie pics I've seen around. The color change was amazing. This gene is opening up yet another huge area for possible color & pattern combinations- very exciting.
Thanks, It's been pretty amazing to watch the change as well! I can't wait for some of te combos I hope to produce this year! ;)

thanks for the update! do you also have a full body picture?

I'm asking, because your female had an untypical "miami" look when she was young, I wonder how this is expressed in adult?! I know a lot of kastanies of this line and most of them don't have these pretty cool "miami"-look. would be great if you have such a picture

btw VERY NICE pairing!! Keep us posted!

Demanding aren't you!! I'll find/take one for you at some point...

wow wow WOW! i for SURE thought this was an anery, then realized that this is an old thread that had been resurrected! and to my delight, WITH progression photos. that really is an amazing change, i almost can't even believe it's the same snake!
Thanks, It is definitly the same one... :D

Back