• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Miami surprise!

P1030754.jpg

See how there is a WHITE border around each red saddle, and then a pale orangey area in between each saddle, around the WHITE areas?

That is why *Reverse Okeetee* has come up. It is the WHITE around each individual saddle, which is from black borders, that gives it the RO look.

If there were less white around each saddle, then it would look like a standard amel. Generally speaking, the best Candy Canes have little to no borders on individual saddles, with a WHITE background color even as a wee baby. While this one looks RO-esque currently, the best baby RO's have almost COMPLETELY white saddles right out of the egg!

Adorable little one though :)

I would call it an amel. :)

See how there is a WHITE border around each red saddle, and then a pale orangey area in between each saddle, around the WHITE areas?

That is why *Reverse Okeetee* has come up. It is the WHITE around each individual saddle, which is from black borders, that gives it the RO look.

If there were less white around each saddle, then it would look like a standard amel. Generally speaking, the best Candy Canes have little to no borders on individual saddles, with a WHITE background color even as a wee baby. While this one looks RO-esque currently, the best baby RO's have almost COMPLETELY white saddles right out of the egg!

Adorable little one though :)

I would call it an amel. :)

Yeah it does have some borders true. Can't wait to see them mature! Never thought I would get so excited over amels. Like I mentioned before, I don't have any Amels in my collection besides these. Just never had any interest in them. I like the more natural colors better, but these got me going, lol.

nice surprise I hope she turns out to be a cool looking Candy Cane :) Did anything else hatch? :)

Well I got three Amels from this group. The mom laid a second clutch but all look bad:( I also have several other clutches of Corns, including the Dad of these guys bred to a Hypo corn that is supposed to be het for silverqueen ghost, also Everglades Rats, and other stuff too that should hatch soon. I will have a busy year this year :) I'll post more pics of this entire clutch after they shed! Thanks for the comment.

Back