• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Microwave to euthanize mice?

I also got an impression of Kathy Bates in Misery. What is it with the name Bates and violence anyway?

P.S. I just hope this doesn't turn into some jokes about "master". :grin01:
Urban legend, with reference to this fellow?

Attachments

• puggers.gif
    puggers.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 64
Darn...ya guys caught me. I am a serial killer... :laugh01:

Anyway, yeah I don't want to buy frozen mice because I like raising mice myself. My snake Jemaine is cool enough, but its always fun to have more pets, especially if you end up feeding one of the pets with the other one.

When my fuzzies get to the right size, I will be using the cervical dislocation method most likely. No need to call the SPCA...Funny story, a friend of mine actually works at the SPCA. Maybe his local chapter will let me borrow their rodent scrambler. :shrugs:

I so wish I'd not opened this post now after coming back to my laptop with a bowl of Microwaved Minestrone soup...it's still bubbling.

Noob question but I buy my pinkies pre-killed.How do suppliers kill them-CO2?

I have been wondering about what to do with my mice if I ever get my hands on any. I will of course only be euthanising pinkies and nothing bigger, so I have considered the freezer. But as far as a cheap CO2 chamber works, providing you aren't doing too many large creatures go.... this is what I am probably going to do:

Get a selaed tupperware/rubbermaid/whatever plastic box. Drill 1 tiny hole in the lid (to release the CO2 if the pressue becomes too much. At the other beside the edge drill a hole with some tubing going through. In the container under the tubing attatch a small contanier e.g. a camera film box to the edge so the mice can't knock it over or get into it. Fill it with cheap baking power, close the lid, pour cheap vinegar through the tube.

This reaction releases enough CO2 gas to do the trick if the container is reasonably small. And its very cheap.

I have been wondering about what to do with my mice if I ever get my hands on any. I will of course only be euthanising pinkies and nothing bigger, so I have considered the freezer. But as far as a cheap CO2 chamber works, providing you aren't doing too many large creatures go.... this is what I am probably going to do:

Get a selaed tupperware/rubbermaid/whatever plastic box. Drill 1 tiny hole in the lid (to release the CO2 if the pressue becomes too much. At the other beside the edge drill a hole with some tubing going through. In the container under the tubing attatch a small contanier e.g. a camera film box to the edge so the mice can't knock it over or get into it. Fill it with cheap baking power, close the lid, pour cheap vinegar through the tube.

This reaction releases enough CO2 gas to do the trick if the container is reasonably small. And its very cheap.
I tried this method, the mice seemed to take quite a long time to die, despite adjusting the soda/vinegar proportions. With cervical dislocation I know the mice die quickly

Back