• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My favourite guitar

Uncloudy said:
After hearing that.................
UK WOMEN RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin01:
Now ther's an idea! Nothing in the rules about foreign women.
Hey oldhand, can ya fix me up.............. :crazy02:

If you like "loose women" for a 1 nighter it's great, but i'd rather have someone a bit more long term, even if they are few and far between :cheers: .

Hey oldhand, can ya fix me up

come over for a weekend and you can have 3 a night(more if you can take it) on a friday or saturday night :grin01: .

extreamley well used some of them :rolleyes: .

hey guys an girls, its Dave (oldhands mate), thought i would write in cos of my love of my guitar collections, some superb guitars on display!!! im a big fan of anything really technical (steve vai, joe satriani, yngwie j malmstein etc) glad to see other herpers are fans of guitars aswell :)

A friend of mine owns the 700er Vai, the top model that was build 7 years ago I think. I have to say, de DiMarzios are great, but I hate to play that guitar. It simply doesn't fit my hand. Satriani is way better, but I think I was build for a little more LesPaul BaseBallNeck Style ~hehe~

When you said "its Dave" I really had to laugh cause Dave Matthews is singing "Proudest Monkey" on my MediaPlayer right now :crazy02:

lol, well i own both versions, a satch js 100 an 1000 and a steve vai jem 7v! there all amazingly confortable and sound amazing, the 7v is made for me though!!!

freaky-styley said:
lol, well i own both versions, a satch js 100 an 1000 and a steve vai jem 7v! there all amazingly confortable and sound amazing, the 7v is made for me though!!!
That's really cool Dave, I was fortunate enough to catch the G3 tour a few years ago in a small acoustically perfect hall. Satch, Vai and John Petrucci!
I can't even begin to describe how good that show was :cheers:

mbdorfer said:
That's really cool Dave, I was fortunate enough to catch the G3 tour a few years ago in a small acoustically perfect hall. Satch, Vai and John Petrucci!
I can't even begin to describe how good that show was :cheers:

I wouldve loved to have seen them, my dad saw satch play but i wanted to catch g3's satch, vai, malmstein tour, all are amazing (although i never thought malmstein was as good as satch an vai) and i cant wait to see them the next time they come round either individualy or as g3!

freaky-styley said:
I wouldve loved to have seen them, my dad saw satch play but i wanted to catch g3's satch, vai, malmstein tour, all are amazing (although i never thought malmstein was as good as satch an vai) and i cant wait to see them the next time they come round either individualy or as g3!
I actually have a DVD of the Malmsteen G3 tour and as awesome as Yngvie is, he seems a little out of place. Petrucci was awesome, and promised to put out the music he performed on record, I'm still waiting! I've also seen Joe by himself in the same hall and that was stellar! All in all I'd have to pick Steve as my favorite, the dude is just so "out there" :cheers:

Isnt he just!!!! i also have that dvd and also noticed a little of yngwie's big head showing when he "gave satch advice" i almost wet myself with laughter when he was running round on stage throwing it over his shoulder and vai and satch were just doing what they usualy do! hes so over the top though!
i'm doing several of vai an satch songs with my new band which includes "for the love of god" and "satch boogie"! if you want i will gladly send you some of my playing?

freaky-styley said:
Isnt he just!!!! i also have that dvd and also noticed a little of yngwie's big head showing when he "gave satch advice" i almost wet myself with laughter when he was running round on stage throwing it over his shoulder and vai and satch were just doing what they usualy do! hes so over the top though!
i'm doing several of vai an satch songs with my new band which includes "for the love of god" and "satch boogie"! if you want i will gladly send you some of my playing?
I have no problem with guitarists having big heads. Ritchie Blackmore is my Idol...lol. Yngwie is the best at what he does, some of that early stuff with Alcatraz is just still fresh sounding to me. Satch and Vai are a totally different spectrum. I was a classical guitar major in college and never realized my dream, mostly due to my inability to totally commit to ANYTHING. Don't mean to ramble, just kinda refreshing to chat about something other than "bad sheds"..lol. I would enjoy hearing your playing, but don't expect you to send me a tape all the way from the UK. However, I would be glad to be an ear for you! Let me end by throwing a few names at you: Alan Holdsworth, Jan Akkerman, John Etheridge,Peter Banks, Philip Catherine.......
I could go on for days................ :cheers:

mbdorfer said:
Let me end by throwing a few names at you: Alan Holdsworth, Jan Akkerman, John Etheridge,Peter Banks, Philip Catherine.......
I could go on for days................ :cheers:

jan akkerman: focus,hocus pocus and sylvia were best songs by far!!!

dont know about the rest!

right my turn to throw a few
glenn frey, Frank Dunnery, nuno bettencourt, richie sambora, micheal schenker....... etc lol
if you have an email address i will send some of my music :cheers:

freaky-styley said:
jan akkerman: focus,hocus pocus and sylvia were best songs by far!!!

dont know about the rest!

right my turn to throw a few
glenn frey, Frank Dunnery, nuno bettencourt, richie sambora, micheal schenker....... etc lol
if you have an email address i will send some of my music :cheers:
Geez, I forgot I've got a "few" years on ya..lol
History lesson: Alan Holdsworth-not from this planet, you need to check this guy out, does everything from prog rock to jazz fusion.
John Etheridge- member of the soft machine and Daryll Way's Wolf. outrageous! Peter Banks was the original Yes guitarist before Steve Howe and was also in a band called Flash. Philip Catherine- referred to as "the young Django" by Charles Mingus, ended up replacing Akkerman in Focus :cheers:

I saw Schenker in 1977 with UFO the obsession tour! Was just after his return from being "missing in action" period. The guy can play.

i will have a look out for them, i think i like a lot of the late 70s and late 80s music then you have the classics, i.e pink floyd, led zepplin, dire straights etc

Here are mine:
2038_p38665.jpg

2038_p36266.jpg

Sweeeeeet! I was kinda wodering if you actually had a "gold top".
I used to have an old one from the 50's with the PAF's and big tapeze style tailpiece. Like an Idiot I sold it years ago. :headbang: :cry:

Back