• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first corn snake; check list time!

"Can a baby corn be placed in a 20 gallon tank without stressing the poor thing out? If I put a whole bunch of plants and dritwood would it make it better?"

My tank is a 20 gallon long and I have a bunch of clutter in it to make it look smaller. I have a piece of wood (make sure it has been baked or kiln treated or w/e so it can't introduce anything harmful), some silk plants w/ suction cups (I used aquarium silicon to make sure they don't fall down anymore) and extra hides. I also put in a little bit extra bedding and my corn really likes to tunnel in and out of it. I also bought green posterboard and taped it along the outside so you can only see through the front and the screen top.

Aside from that I just have my water dish. I made 2 hides out of "american camper" soap boxes. I drilled a big hole in one end then sanded down the edges, corners, and the little latch (used really fine grain snadpaper not sure which kind) so it is all nice and smooth. The things to keep in mind are that you do not want to make your hide too huge because you want him/her to be secure, and when you drill a hole make sure that he/she can fit in and out after he/she has eaten (don't make a little hole that he squeezes through or he/she could get stuck!).

Okay all, me and my friend are going snake shopping tomorrow.

We are trying to decide between zoomed or reptitherm uth. Everything else we know where to get. We are also going to search for any cheap hides an driftwood for him. Oh and I changed his name, his name is going to be Bamboo :D.

Also I was wondering, can you take the plastic you put on the back of fishtanks and cut it down to put in the bank of your tank? They had some that had leaves instead of water scenes, and I really think it would look good, and I don't see any reason why not. It's only like 5 dollars for a HUGE sheet.

The aquarium backgrounds are great! Just be sure to attach them on the outside of your tank. You dont want your snake to get into the tape (and they ALWAYS do). It will damage/injure your snakes scales.

Okay I don't know if this is at every wal-mart but the wal-mart here in Jersey does sell some stuff for reptiles in their pet area..the only good stuff to buy in the pet section though for a reptile is: a reptile water bowl, a thermometer with a probe, and a log which can usually be found in the fish section..Again I'm not saying every Wal-mart will have this..It is a relatively new thing here..It was only added recently..

Also you don't really need a credit card to go and buy stuff online..I use my debit card..So if you have a bank account and a debit card your also pretty good to go..I just think you really should have just bought a 20g tank and not a 10...Your snake won't be able to stay in the 10 for to long before you have to upgrade it's tank size..but there are a lot of people who do use 10 gallons so I guess I won't complain..

Overall it sounds like your project is coming together..I wish you a lot of luck and can't wait to see your new snake when ya get him/her :0)

Heh, I finally found a good place to set up. All I have is the tank ._.'' But ya, getting stuff soon. Where the curtains are to the right is a window, so I won't need any artificial light.
013-2.jpg

Oh he won't be, I keep the curtains closed on that side of my room a lot. Plus they're black so they don't let any light in at all when they're open.

Back