• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake cages!

Sorry to necro a withering post...

But, can you describe how you did your lighting and heating? I went to the seller's website and he talks about heating...but I'm not quite sure what he is talking about since there aren't really any pictures. (I'm a visual person)

Also, i I see that he sells the heating mats with the viv's. I take it you have to add on that additional cost and that they aren't "included"?

Thanks for any light you shed on how the heating and light install works. Thanks!

I too am curious about the heating. I figure the lights are under cabinet lights installed in the fronts of the cages? But I don't see any room for heat mats :(

The cages have spaces to put heat mats in that hides them away according to the website :)

oh my gosh! sorry about the late reply, i dont always get the emails!

yes there is about a one inch space between each of the cages where you can slip the heat mats in! as far as the lighting there is a space to slip the cord out the side like i did, or you can pop a hole up top and run it over and out through the same space as the heater. the lights are just screwed to the top :) its made out of recycled milk cartons so its pretty soft and you can put things in pretty easy!

I'm getting a very similar setup due Tuesday and I am so excited I can't stand it!

I love those backgrounds too. They look 3-d, are they? Or are they flat?

I could probably make something similar with the supplies I got for hides, but I'm lazy and haven't even started my hides. I got some air dry clay for that, I think it will be easier.

I have all of my decorations for each viv, so they are all gonna be pretty much the same but that's ok. I'm really glad this popped back up, I'm interested in the backgrounds.

I'm getting a very similar setup due Tuesday and I am so excited I can't stand it!

I love those backgrounds too. They look 3-d, are they? Or are they flat?

I could probably make something similar with the supplies I got for hides, but I'm lazy and haven't even started my hides. I got some air dry clay for that, I think it will be easier.

I have all of my decorations for each viv, so they are all gonna be pretty much the same but that's ok. I'm really glad this popped back up, I'm interested in the backgrounds.

they are 3d :)
Ed they guy i ordered the cages from sells those along with them. the middle one though i ordered from a specialty aquarium shop :D i wanted something different for the tree snake!. If i got more cages I would easily get more backgrounds! i love them to death! even though they are kinda hard to clean :p

Thanks - I did go check and saw they look expensive! I may try and make one with a similar look. I can't wait til my cages arrive and I hope they look as nice as yours!

those are awesome...we found them online tonight just before we were told about your post by a friend...thinking very highly about these.

Any chance we can get a picture of the heat mat and how it is held in the cage? I'm really curious, I think these vivs are gorgeous. Hopefully I can afford one someday (though I will have to move out of alaska)

Dorgrim, would it be ok if I used the pic of your finished cages on my facebook page, so I can show my friends?

@DORGRIM - are you still satisfied with your purchase? I am considering making a purchase in the next few months and researching. what was the size you purchased?...and it was for constrictors nw, correct?

apologize for the 20 questions :0)

thanks

-braingarble

Any chance we can get a picture of the heat mat and how it is held in the cage? I'm really curious, I think these vivs are gorgeous. Hopefully I can afford one someday (though I will have to move out of alaska)

Id have to take the whole thing apart but the heat mats are standard zoomed mats. there is a one inch space between the cages so you can fit a lot in there! the heat mats have aluminum foil on them so i can move them if i need to. there is a piece of duct tape holding the cord down so they dont shift :)

Dorgrim, would it be ok if I used the pic of your finished cages on my facebook page, so I can show my friends?

go for it! no problem! I dont mind at all :)

@DORGRIM - are you still satisfied with your purchase? I am considering making a purchase in the next few months and researching. what was the size you purchased?...and it was for constrictors nw, correct?

apologize for the 20 questions :0)

thanks

-braingarble

I love them so much! my only issue is that I didnt seal the edges w/ clear caulk when i first got them and when a snake decided a corner was the perfect place to have the wet-est poo ever it did leak a tiny bit. SO...after that...sealed it up haha. But the designer did recommend that so it was me being lazy :p I purchased the 3x2 and the center cage is a custom size for my tree snake!

and yep! constrictors North west! tell him I say Hi and I still love my cages too if you get to chat with him :)

Back