• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Normal vs. Miami Phase

Here is my Miami phase normal Delilah
IMG_3538.jpg

Lovely animal, but she is a NORMAL from a PETSHOP.

No matter what she APPEARS to be, she is a NORMAL.

There is quite alot of variety among NORMALS.

They don't have to be okeetee/miami/alabama/spaghetti/fluffernutter sandwiches to be beautiful........

Let me just address this by my own quote...

I have a 7g miami phase and a 27g normal...

Yes...I understand she's a normal...I even SAID she was a normal. I never once called her a Miami. I was just asking about the subtle differences between the variations of normal. As for my girl, yes she is beautiful in her own right...that's what prompted this thread. I was taught that normals were more orange and I noticed that she wasn't. So, I set out to see all the other variations of normals (truthfully, I had never heard of Alabama...just normal normal and Miami normals) in order to see why each one looked as they did.

here is Lotus, my female 24g Miami (pet store pick up)
Lotus%208-30-12_zpscc725006.jpg

and this was Alcide (A classic), when I first got him at around 30g.
11-30-11(8)_zpsafc1081d.jpg

Thank you for being one of the few who actually addressed my initial question! Your babies are beautiful!

Now, here is my MIAMI PHASE normal that I got last week. She is about 6 weeks old and 7g. Sorry the pictures are not that impressive. She is not photogenic.

18491893.jpg

68635941.jpg

86452848.jpg

76953527.jpg

41095588.jpg

Personally, I'd say your little miami phase is showing a bit too much orange in the ground colouring to end up the truly grey/silver colour as an adult. but again, is beautiful. As for variations in normals, here are some of mine I own or have bred, all variations on 'normal' rather than named phases

Attachments

• 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 37
  • 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 4a.JPG
    4a.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 5a.JPG
    5a.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 37
I would have picked a more grey animal if I actually got to choose. Because she was a gift and a complete surprise, I had no control over what animal I received. Oh well. She's still very beautiful and the lighting does not do her justice.

She's a cutie! Regardless ;) My little guy is a "classic" I think carolina(?) corn, a little more reds and yellows to him. I love the silver in the miami though! Maybe try to get some natural light pictures if she will sit still for long enough to snap some, that should show off her beauty better, I can see where the indoor lights cast some orange onto her, can't wait to see her when she's bigger!

I will try to catch some tomorrow afternoon after class. It's still too hot to actually take her outside, but I can open a window and see if I can't get her to sit still long enough for another picture or two.

Back