• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Poss new piebald corn

mobiusreptiles

This little guy popped up out of a normal ghost x hypo breeding. Not sure if this is going to be genetic or just a color anamoly. Incubating temps weren't a factor, as everyone else in the clutch was normal. Any ideas? suggestions? I don't want to start claiming we have a piebald until this little guy eats, survives and proves out.

Victor
Ken
piecorn1.jpg

Yeah one suggestion - Hang onto it. You might get offers but if you can prove it's genetic the value will be more. Raise that snake to adulthood and breed him to his parent, siblings and offspring to test it.

Do you have any more pictures? If so I would like to see them.
Also I was wondering about "normal ghost X hypo" Was "normal ghost" a normal or a ghost?
Ghost X hypo should have given you hypos and that snake except for the piebald part looks like a normal normal.
I'm not trying to be a be a naysayer but those are some weird results.

Some more pictures would be nice. I doesn't have the look of white slapped over a normal pattern like I'd expect. It looks more like the color was pulled to either side. Very cool and very strange... Hope the little guy or girl eats for you!!

Very interesting looking little fellow... And cute!

But indeed the varieties of the parents make me wonder. If that "normal ghost" meant a regular ghost (hypo+anery) in opposite to pastel ghost and silver queen...then either one of the parents isn't exactly what it's expected to be. Either the hypo is actually a light colored normal (het. hypo probably) or the ghost isn't a ghost but for example a pale anery. That would explain this normal coloured hatchling, which shouldn't appear if the parents were indeed ghost and hypo.

Until the two replies I didn't even catch that. I have to go back through my breeding records to make sure of the parents. Because he should be a hypo from that pairing. I will update this soon!!!

I'm interested in hearing the result!

Of course mother nature does unexpected things... As long as we don't know what gene/mutation causes this abnormal white pattern we can't be sure that the same mutation doesn't by some odd means block certain colours from showing...

Maybe a little far fetch but sometimes even if it's black and white striped and looks like a horse it is NOT a zebra - it may be a painted horse. ;)

ummm...within all the foreign language of snake genetics..all I can say is....very nice looking baby :0) lol

Update and pics

Okay upon further checking, I read the adults label wrong. It was a normal father to a ghost mother. Hence him being a normal. Thanks for catching me on that!
It has just shed and here are two more pics!
piebald4.jpg

piebald5.jpg

Ken

That's one wild looking hatchling! Will interesting to see what happens to his colouring as he gets older. Was this the first time you had bred these two together?

Heck I will trade you a couple of my Creamsicko's for it.. *lol*

I would love to see that thing in r/l and take some pictures of it.. Thats the serious part of the offer.. Are you going to the Anahiem show?

Regards... Tim of T and J

Back