• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

yeah I've been trying to get good quality "Tongue Flick" shots of Rufus, but it's almost impossible. I guess it will happen when it happens.

If your camera will do burst, you can try that; but since they usually flick on the move not getting a blur is the other challenge! In any case your Rufus pics are great. Keep 'em coming!

Yeah I can do burst shots, even video. I have video of tongue flicks, but when you try to drag a single frame photo out, the pic is usually very blurry. But I'll keep working on it and one day I'll get the premiere Tongue shot. His tongue comes out Red but then is almost clear at the tips. I've noticed in some of your photos, Cleo's tongue is the same color.

Took me 29 tries yesterday to get one tongue shot of my new corn, though he was tongue flicking like mad the whole time. The one I did get was great, so can't complain. It is very hard to get good, non blurry tongue shots though!

So cute! I'd be more interested in butters if they kept this soft orange on yellow coloration in adulthood.

Took me 29 tries yesterday to get one tongue shot of my new corn, though he was tongue flicking like mad the whole time. The one I did get was great, so can't complain. It is very hard to get good, non blurry tongue shots though!

Your pictures are beautiful. Glad you got the tongue shot.

I wish I had a better camera. I use my phone because I have better focus control than with my point and shoot which isn't saying much. I'm so glad I don't have to share all the blurry ones I take to get one good one, though!

So cute! I'd be more interested in butters if they kept this soft orange on yellow coloration in adulthood.

Thank you!

Some of the butters do keep more contrast. It's more of a tan than an orange though. Ian's vivarium has some examples. I won't know how Cleo will turn out till we get there. Add to that they change throughout their lives. Whatever color she turns out, as a beloved pet, it's all good. She's a very sweet and gentle girl as well.

Yeah I can do burst shots, even video. I have video of tongue flicks, but when you try to drag a single frame photo out, the pic is usually very blurry. But I'll keep working on it and one day I'll get the premiere Tongue shot. His tongue comes out Red but then is almost clear at the tips. I've noticed in some of your photos, Cleo's tongue is the same color.

Yeah, that happens to me too. Or I decide to try a burst and the snake stops flicking. Mandy did that to me the other day, lol. You will get one eventually They don't call good pics 1 in 1000 shots for nothing. I think that's about my average!

As Cleo gets bigger and her tongue gets thicker there's more color to it. A few months ago it was a very dainty pink. Now it's starting to look more grown up. The tips of their tongues are so delicate. Snake tongues are totally amazing imho.

Cleo waits for a mouse to drop by.

h11ocbml.jpg

Back