• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Riker - Progression Thread

Becca58

Riker shed today! Margaret was able to video his shed, too. Here's a picture of his skin, which all came off in one piece. The eye caps are here, as well as the tip of the tail:

2012-11-30-riker-shed.jpg

Here's a link to the video of him shedding. It's still uploading as I type this, but should be live shortly: >> YouTube Video <<

I'll post a new picture of him in the next few days, as well as some of the original pic(s) I took before the shed.

Here's a shot with us outdoors:
riker-2012-12-04-05.jpg

Two more, showing his colors better:
riker-2012-12-04-04.jpg

riker-2012-12-04-03.jpg

Margaret says she sees some peach in his coloring; do you?

First, watch the eyes: when they "go blue" that's a sign that they're about to go into shed. They'll be in blue for a few days (1-3, from our experience with our two corns), then the eyes clear up. Within a few days, shedding will commence!

cool! I hope to catch one of mine in the process of shedding one day!

Here's an update to my thread. First, a picture of his eye:

riker-eye-2013-01-13-02.jpg

And a shot of his back. He's really looking nice!

riker-2013-01-13-03.jpg

Oh, yes: when we first got him, he weighed in at 9g. He now weighs almost double that: 17.7g! He's growing like a proverbial weed! :D

beautiful <3

Thank you! I got up this morning and the little jerk has pulled a Houdini on me. Not sure how he's gotten out. We're taking things apart looking for him, and been through several threads here for ideas on finding/trapping him. Going to do bottle traps as well as put his water dish out. Coiled painters tape, going the full nine yards.

*grumble* *sputter* *cuss*

Eeek, good luck with finding him! He's gorgeous!

Thank you!

So far, we haven't found him. He didn't go for the bottle traps - we put out three. After three days, we took them up and tossed them. In a week we're going to make new traps and set them out again, hoping he's gotten hungry. He's already missed one regular feeding, so I'm hoping hunger overrides his caution instinct.

We've also put down some heat tape under a couple of sheets of newspaper with his hides on top. His water dish is next to it.

We've also dusted the floor outside the room so we can see if he slithers through it. So far, no sign.

Try masking tape along the bottom edges of your walls? Kind of coil it. They don't like being out in the open.

Hope you find him, that's a nice looking corn. Do you know what morph?
-Skully-

Try masking tape along the bottom edges of your walls? Kind of coil it. They don't like being out in the open.

Hope you find him, that's a nice looking corn. Do you know what morph?
-Skully-

According to Zeewhiz, he is a Ghost Stripe with 66% Amel. He's a really handsome lil guy, even if I do say so myself.

We're talking about doing the coiled tape traps.

Here's some pictures of Riker the night before he escaped. He's doing his Amazon Tree Boa impression. It needs a little work, but he's off to a good start:

riker-2013-01-15-01.jpg

riker-2013-01-15-02.jpg

riker-2013-01-15-03.jpg

riker-2013-01-15-04.jpg

Back