• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Riker - Progression Thread

I'm so sorry but don't give up he is probably hiding somewhere where he can keep an eye on you going crazy looking and only come out once you left. On this site I read a lot of escapee stories and the craziest places that they where found, so I'm hoping one night you wake up to get a glass of water and you find him. But keep up your hopes, I know its hard and devastating, but keep up all the traps and everything else your doing, and I will cross my fingers with you for this little baby to come back to a safe and warm place in your care.

Thanks. At this point, even though we have water and heat tape out for him, including the traps, I'm beginning to think he's either dead or gone - or both. Really sucks, not knowing.

I'm so sorry but don't give up he is probably hiding somewhere where he can keep an eye on you going crazy looking and only come out once you left. On this site I read a lot of escapee stories and the craziest places that they where found, so I'm hoping one night you wake up to get a glass of water and you find him. But keep up your hopes, I know its hard and devastating, but keep up all the traps and everything else your doing, and I will cross my fingers with you for this little baby to come back to a safe and warm place in your care.

:( keep us updated, I know it is freezing outside, so I'm just hoping that his senses kicked in not to head out and is well hidden, I know they can go months without food and as long as he has water source, timer should be ok.

I miss my little escaped brat, but life goes on. I got a normal corn today at the Columbia Repticon from Corn Moon Corn Snakes. She's possibly het for cinder and/or bloodred. Looking forward to seeing her grow up! In a week I'll get some pictures of her and post them in her own thread.

Thanks for the good thoughts! Margaret and I think because the house is cool, he's holed up someplace. That's why none of the traps have caught him. So we're leaving water out for him, and when things warm up we think he'll come out.

:( keep us updated, I know it is freezing outside, so I'm just hoping that his senses kicked in not to head out and is well hidden, I know they can go months without food and as long as he has water source, timer should be ok.

I hope he shows up, he's too beautiful to lose this way.
Just don't give up on him, these guys have a way of showing up when you least expect it.
I lost an escapee for over Two Months and he showed up under a heat source we put out for him.

Good Luck!

FOUND! Riker has been found!

We had just gotten home from a weekend trip and gone to bed. I'd practically gone out like a light, and Margaret was still awake when she heard our cat Mason messing with something in our computer room. She got up to check, and there he was, with Riker in his mouth. Mason had an "oh, crap - I'm in trouble!" moment, and dropped Riker. Margaret managed to grap Riker, and came and woke me up.

We've looked him over, and he is almost exactly the same size as he was when he escaped on January 16, 2013. No sign of mites or teeth marks or anything. Very happy to have him back!

I'll get some pics up of him in a couple of days, after he digests. I imagine he hasn't had a whole lot to eat since he Houdinied; he tried to poop on me, but it was a teeny little bit, which makes me think he may have had a few bugs and spiders, but not much else, if anything.

So, he looks pretty much like the last picture I posted. But, I will indeed take pictures and get them posted!

*So* very relieved!

So good to hear! He's such a beautiful little snake! :D

Thenkewe, thenkewe! I think he's a cutie, too. Wish he hadn't been gone, but very glad to have him back!

...hmmm... I wonder: should I quarantine him for a bit, to make sure he hasn't picked anything up in the last four months?

Dunno where all the pictures went... guess Photobucket is having a glitch. Here's another view of him from before his escape, doing his Amazon Tree Boa imitation:

riker-2013-01-15-04.jpg

Yay, congrats, he is so beautiful! Im glad he is now back home from his adventure. :)

Thanks! He seems to be really happy to be back home, too. I got him out this afternoon to give him a good inspection for injuries or mites, and he's alert, active, and just wanted to be back in his enclosure in his warm-side hide.

Good news: no obvious injuries from Mason (our Maine Coon cat; all 18 lbs of him) having caught him, no sign of mites, looks entirely normal.

Back