• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your phantoms!!!

Luna just went into blue. Checked on her and saw that her eyes clouded over. Cant wait to see what she will look like :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luna freshly shed :)
f62c52f7aeed720c1a27ecd1ede7cace.jpg
82599f1a10cf508a614764f869918f70.jpg

Lunas finished viv, might add more later. She seems happy with it though :)

bfe580ba084d84ce435bfcb73ee96c52.jpg
f3474bcc67138f3e60a6332ed982690d.jpg

Tavia, is it safe to let them move about in the grass in warm weather? I have no snake experience, but see you have outdoor pix. How fast are they? Is it tough to catch them if you put them in the grass? What do outdoor temps need to be?

You'll want the temps to be between 70-85 degrees F to bring them outside, watch out for surfaces like blacktop though, that can be in the 100s in the sun, that you don't set them down on a super hot surface.

As to whether you should bring an individual snake out, that depends on the snake and how confident you are in handling one. The little babies are very quick and can be difficult to grab. So I'd suggest waiting until they are bigger, if you are unsure about handling them. If you do take a baby out (works for adults too but especially for babies) set them down in the middle of a wide open space, with no cracks, crannies, fencing or heavy vegetation that they can dart into and be difficult to catch them again. And bringing out a tote or some other kind of cage to put them in if needed is a good idea too.

Tavia, is it safe to let them move about in the grass in warm weather? I have no snake experience, but see you have outdoor pix. How fast are they? Is it tough to catch them if you put them in the grass? What do outdoor temps need to be?

I tried taking my yearling out into the yard this summer and the first thing he did was try to burrow into the grass. It was very difficult getting him out so I've decided he will have to be quite a bit larger before I try it again. Maybe next summer.

Back