• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake burn

I would be tracking down those kids and beating the living !@!@^$!@$%@#^&!*@ out of 'em. Their parents wouldn't be able to recognize them after putting any of my animals in that kind of pain! I wish a speedy recovery for your boy.

I would be tracking down those kids and beating the living !@!@^$!@$%@#^&!*@ out of 'em. Their parents wouldn't be able to recognize them after putting any of my animals in that kind of pain! I wish a speedy recovery for your boy.

Yeah.....the kids are young but death was on my mind.
I do want them to see what happen. But the young one we think did it. so ..showing him might not help.

Yeah.....the kids are young but death was on my mind.
I do want them to see what happen. But the young one we think did it. so ..showing him might not help.

But he has to learn that there's consequences for his actions. All the better if it scars him for life. He needs to learn what he did is wrong, and he should ONLY be going near someone's pets when that person is present.

I'll get all the kids to see lenny.
They are do back soon.
I'm kinda piss at the wife too.
Stuff like this happen when they come by.

I would definately make sure that not only the kids see it, but their parents too. Make sure they know why you're upset. I'm really sorry about your boy, and as many others (and I have previously) I really hope he recovers!!

I'll get all the kids to see lenny.
They are do back soon.
I'm kinda piss at the wife too.
Stuff like this happen when they come by.

wow, that's terrible! I would just absolutely flip. and would be pissed at the mrs. too, just because i couldn't contain myself! I get upset if someone leaves the tempered frog room door open in my house! i say it's a good time to let the kids see what they did, and let them know EVERYTHING that isn't tolerable anymore! lay the hammer down lennycorn!:fullauto:

Oh Lenny, I'm so sorry about your boy! Do you think he'll pull through. GEEZ!
I've never regretted not having kids. They are scary unpredictable little creatures.....
PLEASE let us know how he's doing.
This hurts my heart.

I know it looks awful but the snake most likely will recover. I have a Fox Snake that I found at a pet store with severe burns (about 70% of his dorsal surface) from a light fixture with a heat emitter placed inside his too small tank. There was still crispy skin adhered to the fixture when I found him. :puke02: I removed him from the tank, showed the owner, ranted about horrible care and the fact that it was illegal to sell them here. I then walked out the door with him. He did just fine. I used Silvidene Cream, pain killer and Batryl injections and paper towel bedding for a long time. With each shed the wounds looked better and better. He still has a nasty crusty looking scar but he eats, is active and very sweet; that was about 6 years ago. I hope all goes well for your guy. Continue to feed him and keep him warm to speed up his metabolism and subsequent healing. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Terri

Thanks for the positive story, crackerhead. Lenny, I hope your snake heals up okay! I feel really bad for him. :(

I was wondering how Lenny was doing? Did you have to take him to the vet?

I was thinking of you today.
I can't wait to go sailling and get you and your (as izzy says) boytoy out there on the wire flying a hull.
No I didn't take him there I been keeping a close eye on him and It seem he is getting better. I just posted about him on DYK thread.
Thanks you for thinking of him.
Do you plan on working the Nature Center this Summer
If so I'll get a hold of you from there.

I was thinking of you today.
I can't wait to go sailling and get you and your (as izzy says) boytoy out there on the wire flying a hull.
No I didn't take him there I been keeping a close eye on him and It seem he is getting better. I just posted about him on DYK thread.
Thanks you for thinking of him.
Do you plan on working the Nature Center this Summer
If so I'll get a hold of you from there.

Lol, I was sitting next to my boyfriend when I read this we both got a laugh out of that.

I'm glad that he isn't that bad that he needs to see the vet. Hopefully it will heal up with a few sheds.

I will definitely be working at the Nature Center and possibly the Kayak tours again(run out of the Nature center) so I'll be there a lot.

Lol, I was sitting next to my boyfriend when I read this we both got a laugh out of that.

I'm glad that he isn't that bad that he needs to see the vet. Hopefully it will heal up with a few sheds.

I will definitely be working at the Nature Center and possibly the Kayak tours again(run out of the Nature center) so I'll be there a lot.

Yeah, boytoy is funny. It dosen't work with girltoy It's sounds wrong.
Yeah, cool I'll see Gret or Sue. or just walk next door to leave a message.
It's hard to tell what the winds will be doing tho.
My offer still hold for the use of my butter too.

Enjoy
Lenny

Just an update...

I have to give this guy some credit..
He's a tough bird. He when from burnt toast to a under cook roast!

He shedded two day ago, he was bleeding like you would from a scrape knee.
Alan was right he has more damage under the scales than I thought when I first found him. This is going to take longer than I thought. Dang.....

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Ooooh! Poor baby! I think he'll pull right on through, though! I wanna just kiss his little head!

He is a trouper. I get the shivers just thinking of the pain he must be going through. I can tell you like him. With your patience and care he will get better.

Back