• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake got Burned - HELP!!!!

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes said:
Wow, thats some tail. I am glad to hear that you are taking as much care of her as you can, she'll thank you for it ^^. I am also happy that she is now part of your collection. Many congratulations to you and I hope that she continues to improve! :wavey:

-Grace

Thanks Grace.
:cheers:

Update 5th September 2006

Got home last night,and she had shed during the day.She's also lost the tip of her tail as well,about 1,5cm of it in total.

Here's the latest pics.
These were taken on Saturday
EPSN0040.jpg

EPSN0039.jpg

These were taken last night
EPSN0054.jpg

EPSN0051.jpg

EPSN0049.jpg

Here's the tip of the tail that came off
EPSN0053.jpg

:eek1: OMG... that looks TERRIBLE :cry: This is a great thread to use to emphasize how important using rheostats and thermostats is. :uhoh:

Hi SilentLore,
She does look terrible :cry: ,but i believe she's on the mend,and she did look much worse when I "adopted" her,my only hope is that this heals ASAP.

Its been a long road,and although she looks to be in pretty bad shape,she was in a hectically bad state to start off with.. :sobstory:

Wow, that's terrifying. Glad to see you've taken such good care of her.

More than ever, this makes me want to be sure that when I set up my first viv, that its done to the max, for sure. Had no intention of skimping on it, but now having seen what can come of it, I want to make 100% Ive taken every necessary precaution.

Thanks Traikun
Yeah,make sure that everythings 100% fully operational and that all temps are correct...
Good luck with your viv :cheers:

Oobie Doobie Noobie said:
Hey Gnarl
Hows the little guy doing,I see its been a while since you posted on this thread.
:shrugs:

Hi oobie,yeah,I have had to give her back to the owner,but i have been monitoring her well being quite carefully.Next time im at my friend's place I will try and get you guys some new pics and give you an update.

:crazy02:

If you do use something from thestore instead of a proper cream, do NOT get one with pain-killer. The amount of pain-killer in those creams is designed for a human (large and mammal). It could bean OD for a small snake. We've seen it kill a chameleon with minor burns on its hands because the owner didn't listen to the advice given. Stupid owner.

KJUN said:
If you do use something from thestore instead of a proper cream, do NOT get one with pain-killer. The amount of pain-killer in those creams is designed for a human (large and mammal). It could bean OD for a small snake. We've seen it kill a chameleon with minor burns on its hands because the owner didn't listen to the advice given. Stupid owner.

Yeah,I used an ointment with NO Pain killer at all,it was suggested that the pain killer could be fatal to the snake.
She's healed up very nicely,and is doing great.
:cheers:

I'm glad she's done so well, and it's really nice of you to give her back. If I remember it correctly it was all a mistake and not due to the owner at all?

Hey Janine,
Yeah it was all just a mistake,she's doing great,and I must actually make a turn there sometime,and get some updated pics.
I didnt want to give it back,because for obvious reasons,I became very attached...so that was aweful giving it back.
:cry:

Back