• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake newbie here

Garym87

Hey, well I'm guess I'm here to introduce myself then :wavey:

Ive recently ( after alot of thought and talking with my parents ) decided that I'm going to get myself a corn snake :D

Anyway I hope with the help of these forums and a few other sources I will have gathered enough knowledge to be able to finally go and buy the wee guy in a few months :dancer:

Cheer guys :cheers:

Hi and welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of information here.
Just make sure to check out the FAQ'S and do searches.
Any answers you can't find there are many experienced members here who are more then willing to help you.

Thanks for the welcome snakemom1961

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but can anybody recommend any good books for a beginner ?

I have ordered this Book one for now but I'm looking at reading a few different books :D

Welcome we can be newbs together!
At least you've discussed it with your parents, I have such a zoo already that I'm going to find it hard to convince them.

I myself work at petco and while there picked up "The Corn Snake Manual" Also by Bill and Kathy Love :D

Hey GaryM87,
My name is Jeff. I am from Ontario, Canada. I am also a newbie! Just picked up my baby candycane corn on Friday! Just can't get enough! SO...So...Cool. I purchased the book "the cornsnake manual by: Bill and Kathy Love from PetSmart. Great Book! Made me confident in purchasing the snake. By the way, I named it Mickey or Mic. (Haven't got around to sexing it yet) But universal name! The joke is....it likes mice. Mickey Mouse!!! Well, Hope to keep in touch with the newby crowd, as we venture into the Herps world!!

I have that book as well. I also have "The Art Of Keeping Snakes". Its an excellent book even if it doesn't focus on just cornsnakes alone. I have yet to get: Cornsnake Morph Guide and Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide. However I have been going through this forum as often as I can and you pick up on a lot of usefull information. Its an awesome site and an even more awesome hobby! Welcome to the addiction! :cheers:

Corny Noob said:
Welcome we can be newbs together!
At least you've discussed it with your parents, I have such a zoo already that I'm going to find it hard to convince them.

I myself work at petco and while there picked up "The Corn Snake Manual" Also by Bill and Kathy Love :D

wow you really do have a little zoo of your own there lol :eek1:

Alots of things I've never heard of either!

jeffpage2007 said:
Hey GaryM87,
My name is Jeff. I am from Ontario, Canada. I am also a newbie! Just picked up my baby candycane corn on Friday! Just can't get enough! SO...So...Cool. I purchased the book "the cornsnake manual by: Bill and Kathy Love from PetSmart. Great Book! Made me confident in purchasing the snake. By the way, I named it Mickey or Mic. (Haven't got around to sexing it yet) But universal name! The joke is....it likes mice. Mickey Mouse!!! Well, Hope to keep in touch with the newby crowd, as we venture into the Herps world!!

Hey Jeff

Wicked name for your snake I'm still not sure what to name mines when I finally get it. :confused: :shrugs:

Got a while to think about it though since unfortunately I don't think I will be in a position to buy one until the summer. So In the mean time im just going to be reading up on how to look after them so I can do the best I can when my time finally comes :D

Garym87 said:
wow you really do have a little zoo of your own there lol :eek1:

Alots of things I've never heard of either!

Haha yeah, they're technically not all my pets, but I do share my house with all of them ;)

Breeze56

another newbie here. my son has two corn snakes a snow corn and a crimson. the crimson is six months old and the snow corn four months old. could someone please tell me how big they should be at this age. he got them both in january and they are a pleasure to have. when i find out how to post photos will let u see them. :)

breeze56 said:
another newbie here. my son has two corn snakes a snow corn and a crimson. the crimson is six months old and the snow corn four months old. could someone please tell me how big they should be at this age. he got them both in january and they are a pleasure to have. when i find out how to post photos will let u see them. :)

Hi breeze56 welcome to the site :wavey:

Where abouts In Scotland you from ? Im in Glasgow :D

breeze56

hi
gary thank you for welcome. we stay not far from Glasgow, a little village called Longbar just outside of Beith.

Back