• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake newbie here

breeze56

hey Gary, at least u got idea where we from now. when u getting your corn snakes. do u know the forge in glasgow, thats where we got ours. got some lovely snakes there if u want to check it out. :)

I'm still in the early stages of researching just now but hopefully I'll be getting my own wee snake in the next few months though.

The place in the forge is that the little petshop in the Instores part ?

We've had a few birds out of there and alothough the place doesnt look like much the animals have always been first class out of there.

breeze56

hi Gary, yeah thats the one, i agree it doesnt look much but their snakes are gorgeous. we got a snow corn to start and then went back for a crimson, but it was so hard to choose which one to get, the colours are amazing, we are really pleased with ours. let us know how u get on and when u get your little guy. :cheers:

Will do breeze56 :cheers:

You got any pics of your little guys ?

Btw if you dont mind me asking how much were the snakes selling for at the Forge ?

breeze56 said:
hey Gary, at least u got idea where we from now. when u getting your corn snakes. do u know the forge in glasgow, thats where we got ours. got some lovely snakes there if u want to check it out. :)

Over priced and unhealthy. I don't like Roberts stock. I have got some of his snakes in my collection, They mostly originate from Malky in Livingston where he will sell directly to you for less than half pet store prices. Seriously give the breeders business and don't support Robert @ the forge. He doesn't have a clue what hes doing.

If you guys are interested why not tag along to the Scottish Exotic Animals Society meeting at the end of the month and you can meet these people for yourself. PM for details.

Tula_Montage said:
Hey Gary. I too am located in Glasgow! Welcome to the forums. PS I have a few corns for sale atm ;)

Hey Tula, Where in Glasgow are you ?

I'm in the north ( Possilpark :eek1: :twoguns: ;) )

Really wish I could get my snake just now but just dint have the means unfortunately :(

Over priced and unhealthy. I don't like Roberts stock. I have got some of his snakes in my collection, They mostly originate from Malky in Livingston where he will sell directly to you for less than half pet store prices. Seriously give the breeders business and don't support Robert @ the forge. He doesn't have a clue what hes doing.

Thats a little worrying if hes not looking after his animals properly. The birds we've gotten from there have been fine but I suppose birds are alot easier to look after.

I am just outside Glasgow, around the Erkine/Renfrew area. Selling a pair of normals (male 05, female 06) for £50!

Well I doubt they will still be available at that price. But seriously, don't give Robert £50 for a normal hatchling that I know for a fact only cost him £20 from Malky. If you want to give me a PM when your ready for your snake I can get in touch with Malky and see what he has available.

He also has western hoggies and sand boas always available.

Tula_Montage said:
Well I doubt they will still be available at that price. But seriously, don't give Robert £50 for a normal hatchling that I know for a fact only cost him £20 from Malky. If you want to give me a PM when your ready for your snake I can get in touch with Malky and see what he has available.

He also has western hoggies and sand boas always available.

Thanks Tula :)

I dint think I will be buying my snake from the Forge now. I wouldn't feel right giving him my money knowing that he isn't caring for his animals correctly and is charging more at the same time. :angry01:

the forge

hey Tula, when we got our first little guy from the forge, he was ever so tiny for twelve weeks, and robert didnt give us much info on rearing snakes, but my brother had corns before and he gave us some advice on feeding and looking after the snakes. the snow to me seems very small for his age and i am wondering if u can help, roughly how big should he be by about five months, we went back to the forge and got a crimson which is hopefully not a bad size for six months. both eat well and seem well enough in themselves. we are needing to go back to the forge for mice but if u can recommend elsewhere for food would be much appreciated. u not far from my boyfriend he lives in Kilbarchan. look forward to hearing from u. Veronica :)

gary

we paid £60.00 for the snow corn and £80.00 for the crimson from the forge. but had i known before i,d got them wouldnt have bought them from him either. Veronica :)

breeze56 said:
hey Tula, when we got our first little guy from the forge, he was ever so tiny for twelve weeks, and robert didnt give us much info on rearing snakes, but my brother had corns before and he gave us some advice on feeding and looking after the snakes. the snow to me seems very small for his age and i am wondering if u can help, roughly how big should he be by about five months, we went back to the forge and got a crimson which is hopefully not a bad size for six months. both eat well and seem well enough in themselves. we are needing to go back to the forge for mice but if u can recommend elsewhere for food would be much appreciated. u not far from my boyfriend he lives in Kilbarchan. look forward to hearing from u. Veronica :)

I also got a snow from Robert who was weak, but ate. She DIED. The "crimson" is a hypo if its lucky. He tends to tart up the names of the corns. ie candy canes priced @ £90 whereas his amels are priced at £60. What novices don't know is that its exactly the same morph and hes trying to get a bit more money.

The other two yearlings i bought were small for their age (he recommended still feeding pinks but were big enough for small mice) He also reccomend I co-habited them. The only good advice he gave was to buy a stat (more money for him) which I was going to anyways. They turned out to be nice animals and i did get them for a good price, but If I had followed his advice it would be a completely different story.

I also bought a boa off him and shes in fantastic condition, but she just came in the shop that day and was already a year old.

His frozen rodents are in terrible condition btw. And not to mention so over priced its unbelieveable. I buy online in bulk as I have enough animals to make it worth while.

Could you possibly post pictures of your snakes?

breeze56

hi Tula, as soon as ive got photos will post them. was going to the forge on sunday for mice but not going to bother now. can get some in Kilmarnock at moment but cant get any furries there. they jump from fuzzies to adult mice. what did u feed yours on at five and six month, the snow is going on to fuzzies now but he is really small, and the crimson is on furries. thanks for help. Veronica :)

We got a lovely amel corn snake about 6 months ago from Robert at the forge, she's in perfect health, feeding without any problem, growing rapidly & has a lovely temperament. I've been feeding her frozen mice bought from there with no problems whatsoever, never had one refused or regurgitated. I'd advise anyone considering going there to not be put off by some of the negative comments and make there own minds up.

I keep meaning to go over and check them out for myself.

How did you find the price though ? I hate getting ripped off

Garym87 said:
I keep meaning to go over and check them out for myself.

How did you find the price though ? I hate getting ripped off

Thats all I'm saying... Hes charging AT LEAST 3 times more than what he pays for them from Malky...

What can you expect from petshops though...

Three times more than what he pays is a bit much aint it.

I know petstores have to make a profit on the stock they bring in but that seems a little extreme :(

Back