• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake newbie here

Garym87 said:
Three times more than what he pays is a bit much aint it.

I know petstores have to make a profit on the stock they bring in but that seems a little extreme :(

He also has to pay tax, rent, insurance and more, which a small private breeder will most likely not be doing. You'll find the prices in there are the same as you'll find in any other pet shop in the country, there are many who will tend not to give you such basic advice as to use a thermostat.

As for the quality of the stock, you can't criticise it for being poor, and then advise someone to go and use a breeder who sells their animals to the same pet shop, they are of exactly the same quality, since they are the very same animals, just cheaper.

stan said:
He also has to pay tax, rent, insurance and more, which a small private breeder will most likely not be doing. You'll find the prices in there are the same as you'll find in any other pet shop in the country, there are many who will tend not to give you such basic advice as to use a thermostat.

As for the quality of the stock, you can't criticise it for being poor, and then advise someone to go and use a breeder who sells their animals to the same pet shop, they are of exactly the same quality, since they are the very same animals, just cheaper.
I don't know this shop, but those seem very good points. Any retail business will have overheads to pay that are reflected in the prices

stan said:

I realise that he has to charge more for the snake than what he bought them for but if hes buying them for £20 and selling them for £60 that seems a little much to me, but thats just my opinion. :)

Btw I haven't seen his stock yet and haven't criticised it for being poor.

Garym87 said:
Btw I haven't seen his stock yet and haven't criticised it for being poor.

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you, it was just mentioned earlier in the thread and criticised for being unhealthy.

I also got my 22 week old amel corn from Robert at the Forge. I've never had any problems and was told if i needed any advice or help just go and see them. As for price, things are always more expensive if you buy from a shop rather than a breeder were you cut out the middle man. I go regularly to get my fuzzies and my snake seems to like them. I still go and have a look at his new arrivals because im considering getting another. As someone mentioned earlier its the same stock wether its the breeder or the shop.

fergusons needs and feeds the forge

Garym87 said:
Thanks Tula :)

I dint think I will be buying my snake from the Forge now. I wouldn't feel right giving him my money knowing that he isn't caring for his animals correctly and is charging more at the same time. :angry01:

Im an employee of Robert at the forge. The reason Tula Montage is bad mouthing the shop is because she bought a snake {actually 3 snakes} from us and wanted it sexed and could`nt be bothered waiting a week until we went back to the breeder to get this done for her. She took it to some-one else to get it sexed and they damaged the snake. She then tried to return the snake which we were not prepared to take back because of this. I can assure any-one thinking of buying a snake we will give you all the advice we can. If there is something we dont know we will phone the breeder and ask. As for our frozen food we get it in weekly and if we think its not in good condition we take it back. We certainly would`nt sell it to our customers.

Tula_Montage said:
Hey Gary. I too am located in Glasgow! Welcome to the forums. PS I have a few corns for sale atm ;)[/Q

Just wondering tula. Do you have a license to sell animals or pay tax on those you do sell?

Back