• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake owner/tatoo poll

How many snake owners also have tattoos

• Have snakes and tattoos

Votes: 74 52.9%
  • Have snakes but no tatoos

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • Have snakes, no tatoos, but want one

Votes: 15 10.7%

• Total voters
Both Snakes and Tats here too..
I used to be VERY afraid of needles..but now
I'm an Insulin Diabetic, so.... 4 blood sugar checks a day
and 2 insulin injections a day = no more needle fear..
Hate, yes.. fear, no...

I have two ... a beautiful lion head on my upper back ( I'm a leo ) :)

And I have a black design on my lower back, just got it in Feb.

3 snakes, no tattoos... and no desire to get any. I think they look cool on young skin, but once you're old and wrinkled they look kinda silly to me. And if you're going to get them placed somewhere where no one 'cept your significant other will see them... what's the point, really?

My GF wants one really badly. She loves hawks and wants one on her shoulder. :shrugs: Whatever floats your boat.

Hypancistrus said:
3 snakes, no tattoos... and no desire to get any. I think they look cool on young skin, but once you're old and wrinkled they look kinda silly to me. And if you're going to get them placed somewhere where no one 'cept your significant other will see them... what's the point, really?

My GF wants one really badly. She loves hawks and wants one on her shoulder. :shrugs: Whatever floats your boat.

I have a peregrine falcon on my shoulder,I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

We have 6 SNAKES (at the mo)......I have 4 tattoos (chinese dragon on foot, chinese writing on stomach, butterfly on lower back, tweety pie on hip.) husband has 6. (tribal across shoulder blades, tribal on lower back, tribal heart on stomach, kids names on both forarms, dragon on shoulder and chest.) Doubt i will get anymore. If I had my tattoo on my foot done first, it would have been my last!! It hurt so much and was swollen for ages!!

I have 11 Snakes & 3 Tattoo's & My tongue is Pierced.

Here is my first Tat that I got @ 18, my Dad got it for me for Christmas... my dad's so cool (its showing its age.) :(
tat1.jpg

My 2nd tattoo, I got @ 19, the Tongue piercing I got @ 20... I actually had gone to get another tattoo... but couldnt figure out what to get... & was in Miluakee so didnt want to waste the trip, so while my friend was getting her tat, she was like, HEY, get your tongue pierced... so I did.
tat2.jpg

My 3rd Tat, which happened in 2 stages... the first part was the knot that symbolises motherhood & the 4 dots being my children
rightwrist.jpg

I then had more added to make it more colorful and to add more things that are me... I love orange... the fall season, trees, under the knot is the tree of life... and in the roots of the tree is a snake
tat3.jpg

This tattoo is a work in progress... I have more to add, next to add to it will be all things that remind me of my husband. so those additions will go to the sides and top and bottom and those will be , a wolf, a raven and a moon. Eventually the whole thing will end up an arm sleeve.

:cheers:

Really cool to hear everyones stories. Considering that more than half of you have tattoos it makes me think that explains why I have seen so many snake owners with them. I definitely want more ink, but I think I am good with only 26 snakes (four are temporary). Anyone want a dumeril or two? Thank you all for your responses, it has been fun! :crazy02:

dionythicus said:
I work in a hospital lab, and people who are afraid of needles confound me. Its a tiny sharp feeling in the skin that lasts for a few seconds, so I don't understand why someone would be afraid of it. I've seen grown men almost cry getting their blood drawn. Not that I don't have phobias myself, but that one I just don't understand. :shrugs:

I would rather be slashed open with a knife to have blood extracted than have a needle come anywhere near me to draw blood :rolleyes:, I just really couldn't let it near me without going completely nuts :grin01:. Vaccinations are absolutely fine by me, but not that.

On topic though...I have no tattoos, but like piercings and have three so far (tongue, tragus and industrial/scaffold).

For what it's worth, after all the work that I have, I am absolutely terrified of needles. I have low blood pressure and it's always hard to draw blood off of me, and I have cried more than once when it's happened.

BLOOD DRAWN

***OMG***

I HAVE Tattoos & I'M scared of having my Blood Drawn!

I have Small Veins & They Roll Around, SO EVERY TIME without FAIL, they ALWAYS have to stick me MULTIPLE times and they DIG AROUND with that needle in my arm to try to get it in that vein until finally they give and use that smaller butterfly needle that I ASK them to use the first time EVERY time because I TELL them that they are going to have to DIG around :cry:

I don't cry, but *GAH!* it hurts like a *****!

Not that Tattoo's dont... BUT while getting a tattoo, its constant & afterawhile it really dosent hurt that much & when its over you have something spectacular to show for it in the end... other than a bandaid & a cottonball :rolleyes:

I have snakes but have no tattoos and would never get them. I really don't think they're attractive. After looking at a million 70 year old patients with faded and sagging tattoos, it pretty much swore me off any of it.

1 Corn, hopefully, soon to be 2 corns. Of yet no tattoos. Considered getting one, and would like one now, but I know in 10/20years time I will prob regret it, so dont think im gona get one!!

Back