• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

South Mountain Reptiles vs. Local pet store?

Bins. You'll end up with bins eventually. I did a multi-unit set of vivs... and I *still* have two snakes in bins.

I started with 1 in 2007.... now I have 12.

I guess it just depends on what you want! She sure will end up with more though....snakes are flat out addicting. I once had 1 burmese python and after ball pythons, boas, kingsnakes, cornsnakes, pinesnakes, gophersnakes, ratsnakes, Hybrids, and bullsnakes. In 2007 I produced over 500 baby corns of all kinds. I've bred balls pythons, kingsnakes, and now I have found that cornsnakes are my all-time favorite and I only work with them.

Don is outstanding. After selling it all and taking two years off, now getting back into it (hence that addiction). I've purchased a nice group of babies from Don, the snakes are the best! SMR over petstore any day.

I purchased a snake from Don... although it wasn't a corn (it was an LTR). You'll have to look far and between to find someone as friendly and knowledgeable.

As Chip said, there are some REALLY good pet stores. But you can NEVER go wrong with Don @ SMR.

I just wish *some* posters would read my post before they post...

I read it Chip and I agree with you. There are some great pet shops. Especially the Mom and Pop variety. I support them when ever I can. The large, we sell everything types are something different however.

Well, not that I think you need it, but I'll join the choir too. I would have no qualms buying from Don either. The last two snakes I got were between him & VMS, another good breeder. I ended up going with VMS because at the last minute I changed my mind on what morph I wanted & he had already sold out of them. I actually got the last male they had at VMS. However I emailed back & forth with him quite a bit & he has the best customer service there is even when you are not yet a customer! Need pics when you get it!

Well, not that I think you need it, but I'll join the choir too. I would have no qualms buying from Don either. The last two snakes I got were between him & VMS, another good breeder. I ended up going with VMS because at the last minute I changed my mind on what morph I wanted & he had already sold out of them. I actually got the last male they had at VMS. However I emailed back & forth with him quite a bit & he has the best customer service there is even when you are not yet a customer! Need pics when you get it!

VMS (Sean) is great also it's nice to be able to see the babies and their hets.
John

Back