• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sunglow

Ok Cherub, I can't pretend to have early as much cornsnake experience as you, but am I right in thinking that you have bred snakes and claim that they do not change their colours as they grow?

Mary-Beth said:
Has anyone asked Kathy or Chuck to chime in on this thread? It's probably a bit to, uh, abrasive in here for Kathy but I bet Chuck would have fun with this one. :grin01:

If Kathy knew of this thread she'd clear this up in a jiffy. Fact is, despite what Cherub says, sunglows change color from hatchling to yearling to adult. She can say whatever she wants, but it's the truth. My sunglow started off as an amel, and was sold as that. It wasn't sold as a sunglow, but it did develop into one.

Snake's do change as they mature. Bloodreds, stripes, anerys, lavenders, etc etc all come to mind.

So snakes don't change colors from hatchling to adult?
yes snakes change their colour but it doesnt change what they are. as i said before ..it cant be an amel today and change into a sunglow tomorrow..your not impressing me either right now..

cherub said:
yes snakes change their colour but it doesnt change what they are. as i said before ..it cant be an amel today and change into a sunglow tomorrow..your not impressing me either right now..

Your obvious lack of understand what a sunglow is is most embarassing.

A SUNGLOW IS AN AMEL!

Roy Munson said:
Rep is for young folks. You're too long in the tooth for that business. ;)

:roflmao: yeah, i might be older, but i need reps to make me look smarter.

Joejr14 said:
LoL. I did before I tried to give it to Dean. You just haven't checked your User CP.

thanks buddy..........and remember, if you need help, i got your back. just check out the joe dirt quote in the signature. :wavey: :crazy02:

your_only_nightmare said:
please dont change the sunbject (roy munson)

Yeah Roy Munson, you to JoeJr.

OK, back to the subject at hand....That's not a Sunglow! Nice picture of a good looking amel, thou.

Maybe since I'm the oldest of all of you, my opinion should be the one that sticks, huh?:shrugs:

they change colours, not morphs, of course they change colours, like i said bloodreds, but my sunglow will most probebrly get darker as he grows hes NOT going to for m any white tho

I refused to call this snake anything but an amel mot when I first bought him. I couldn't be sure he was going to turn out sunglow. He sure did, though.

Attachments

• 071106 melbourne fs (1)[1].JPG
    071106 melbourne fs (1)[1].JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 327
your_only_nightmare said:
they change colours, not morphs, of course they change colours, like i said bloodreds, but my sunglow will most probebrly get darker as he grows hes NOT going to for m any white tho

Sigh.

Again, a sunglow is an AMEL. A candy cane is an AMEL. A reverse okeete is an AMEL.

There is no sunglow gene, no candy cane gene, no reverse okeetee gene. They are all amels and yes, they do change!

Roy Munson said:
I refused to call this snake anything but an amel mot when I first bought him. I couldn't be sure he was going to turn out sunglow. He sure did, though.

Horse poopies! A snake cannot change, Roy Munson. Gosh you are not very smart!!!!!!

My sunglow started off as an amel, and was sold as that. It wasn't sold as a sunglow, but it did develop into one.
soooooooo i might change into an american negro... blow that i was born white english female....is that what your saying joe . with age we change into something different? ..rubbish!

personally, even though i don't know much, i would like to call it a sunglow so i can go check out some other threads on my day off..........

i know there amels, but there speacially bred to have REDUCED WHITE which is what has ahppend he has very small amount the only thing thats white is his belly, it the LIGHT REFLECTING fomr the FLASH ont the others, he is alos darker than the brioght flash one, look at my recent pic of him

DSCF2541.jpg

cherub said:
soooooooo i might change into an american negro... blow that i was born white english female....is that what your saying joe . with age we change into something different? ..rubbish!

Well I'm not sure what an american negro is, but sure.

We're talking about the same gene at work, Cherub. I'm not talking about an amel turning into an anery.

Come on, for your supposed 'experience' and 'knowledge', you're not looking very intelligent.

cherub said:
No, but your tow-headed blonde children may grow up to be brunettes. Pigment quantity and distribution can change with age.

cherub said:
soooooooo i might change into an american negro... blow that i was born white english female....is that what your saying joe .

no......you are not listening. it would be an american negro MALE, since you are a female now.

A quote from the "Cornsnake Morph Guide" written by Charles Pritzel. His user name is Serpwidgets on this forum.
Some sunglow offspring will start out with white borders, which will then fade out as they mature.

Roy Munson said:
No, but your tow-headed blonde children may grow up to be brunettes. Pigment quantity and distribution can change with age.
..LMAO..too late for that roy my children are grown up i have teenagers and the others are 30 and 26 ..and i dont think they are gonna change now hun! whatever you might think...lol@ u

Back